Who's got pics of there boat's let's see them

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by caygeoncruiser, Feb 25, 2004.

1. SirCpeedy300

SirCpeedy300 New Member

Here she is. Top of the line House Of Color metalic

[file]IMG_0553.JPG,5290,,[/file]paintjob and all.
  2. trx04

trx04 New Member

3. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

This Winter's project in the works, a Phil Thomas (R/C Marine Designs) Sport 40, MAC .45 powered with Speedmaster hardware.

NITROLOVER88 New Member

5. Rokkijumala

Rokkijumala New Member

6. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

I finally got the Sport 40 done. now I've got to get some time to run it. I had it on the water for mere seconds when the high wind and waves made it nose in. I those seconds I got a quick idea of how fast this thing is going to be. They're a LOT faster when you're driving them!

7. boatman

boatman New Member

well its been awhile & here a few more of my boats

heres my latest its a simple electric
  8. digdug72

digdug72 Member

nice boats guys, are they hard to drive? Been thinking of getting one, any ideas?
  9. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

And now for something completely different..........
    Not mine but interesting:

10. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

You think thats different

Get a load of this, the mechanism to work the oars is causing me some problems. my other project is a 1850's style paddlewheel steamer, I'll rig as a Topsail schooner. I'ts mechanism won't be as hard.

Bill Nelson,

Clarksville Tn.

Attached Files:

11. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

More shots of some of mine:

Attached Files:

12. Bill Nelson

Nope, Got oars?

sails would do in a pinch

Bill Nelson
  13. Bill Nelson

14. cmags

cmags Guest

Looks good Bill... Did you figure out a way to have one side reverse while the other goes forward to be able to spin the ship in place, or are you not going to bother?
  15. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Yeah sometimes you have to go overboard with R/C Boats...and dont ever underestimate a Card modeler :)

1/96 IJN Yamato
  16. Bill Nelson

The oar mechanisms are powered by traditional servos, which have had the internal stops cut out of them, effectively making them into reversible, self controlling gear reduction motors. The starboard and port oar bank mechanisms are completely independent with a servo powering each one. the starboard oar bank is controlled by the right vertical stick, the port by the left vertical stick, the left horizontal stick travel contro;s the steering oars, and if I can make it happen (not much room in there) the right horizontal stick travel will wag the tail.

doing donuts should be fun.

Bill Nelson
  17. Bill Nelson

card modeling

I never have underestimated card modeling. when I was a kid a friend of mine @ the local model rr club loved Baldwin diesels. Nobody made them, so he made his own body shells out of card.

They looked good, folks made fun of him, but I think they were jealous.

Card modeling can be about as close to making something out of nothing as you can get.

It's not the material, it is the resulting object. That Yamamatto is some hulking object !

Bill Nelson
  18. Bill Nelson

speaking of material

Just last night I was spray painting some brass pieces for my Bireme on some Chinnette paper plates.

that stuff looked like you could carve a wooden shape, cut the flat center of the heavy paper plate out, soak it until it was real flexible, form it to the wooden block, and let it dry out, and then soak it in glue and or paint to lock in the new shape and trim off the bottom, similat to what you would do with a vacuformed pat. I will have to try that.

Bill Nelson
  19. AlanMcGee123

AlanMcGee123 New Member

NYC, that's pretty incredible. How many man hours have you spent on that so far?
  20. Bill Nelson

Too many to count!

and on top of that it is too heavy. I need to build some under the hull flotation aids; and to spread joy, my radio has ****ed out, so I need another 4 channel radio as well, back to the back burner!

Bill Nelson