Who's 400th Graf Spee is better......

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
who's 1/440th scale is better

I've built the JSC version, there are a couple "bad" pics on another thread of this version. The fit was excellant the details were fair to middlin alot better than some of thier older kits, the deck color (colour?) seemed ok not the most convincing but not bad. The upper decks is where the colors seemed "cartoonish", not awful but nothing I've seen in real life (yea, like I was there at Montevideo). The kit came with an artillery barge a kinda neat German LST for the aborted Sealion escapade. It also has a false turret and 2nd false stack apparently used to fool merchantman into thinking she was something differant. (Ala Jack Aubrey), when I was finished I was satisfied overall until I visited this site then started looking for more. I've seen the Prudenziatti version and thought the colors seemed better and some details more refined.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi

Range finders, boats and main AA armament is better on Zio's. However there no instructions for the model but if you know Spee it's fairly easy to work out what goes where. Bismark, Scharnhorst and Graf Spee have a lot of interchangeable parts.

barry