Who needs steamers when you have Alcos !

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Tyson Rayles, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Here we see the L&N's Tellico Gap (an RS-3 leading a C-420) turn pulling into town while offering up their gift to the enviroment! :eek: :D :p :D

Attached Files:

• l&n.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
  2. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Excellewnt, Tyson.
    Your photographs look more and more like the real thing, and this picture REALLY does.
    But I must disagree. Steam shudda stayed king.
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Man, Tyson - you just keep blowing my mind! That looks so real I had to look twice.

But, in answer to your question: I do!

:D Val
  4. Tyson Rayles

Thanks folks, for the record I'm NOT anti-steam, just knocking the Alco's even though I like them also!
  5. Vic

Vic Active Member

Ahhhh!!!! Shades of my youth:D when I used to sit for hours and watch a local C of GA RS3 work the local yard:) It would produce almost as much black smoke as a steamer would:eek:

Great pic Tyson!:)
  6. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Great photo! Love the low angle, looks super. Also love both Alcos and steam.
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Ahhh yes...shades of my youth, too!
    I have fond memories of those old 1st & 2nd generation lash-ups on the "Old Reliable"!
    The degree pf realism you bring to your models & photography is awesome!!
  8. Tyson Rayles

Thanks guys! Glad you N-joyed! :)
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

What a beautiful picture, Tyson. Everything meshes really nicely to create a super believable scene. From the ground cover up front, to the buildings, trees and background, it all works perfectly. Throw in a nicely weathered train, and....Voila! Art.:)
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

You've outdone yourself this time ! Beautiful shot !

Let's not say anything mean about ALCO, they built some really great steam locomotives.
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Tyson,Lovely! I can almost hear those burping Alcos! :D
  12. Tyson Rayles

Thanks guys! :) Steve if you run across one of those nicely weathered trains let me borrow it so I can include it in the shot next time! :D :p :D Pete I agree and I don't have anything against their desiels either! :)
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great mini-scene Tyson. As Gary said, nice low angle to create realism. Yours must be the best photographed layout of any here at the Gauge.
  14. Tyson Rayles

Robin I took several mini-scenes because of the contest and thought I'd share the ones I didn't enter. :) Hope I'm not boring anyone. :eek:
  15. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

What, YOU BORE US???? never Tyson. We want more photos from you, not less. Please keep them coming.
    I need all the inspiration I can get.
  16. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Well done that man, very nice photo and staging.