Who has the coolest desktop?

Discussion in 'Software' started by wunwinglow, Jun 3, 2004.

1. silverw

silverw Member

Hoeeky Smokeys!!!...Is it July yet???
    I just piled up a bunch of junk(Getting ready for next month)

But the "Exacto" rolled off the bench and got me!....So, I'm ready to sign up for that 'class action' against...."MacDonalds, or who ever :twisted:
    Pictures later....maybe....<G>
  2. GyverX

GyverX Member

OK here is mine
    I made it my self
  3. silverw

silverw Member

Wow.. Now that is neat(cool)... and is 'HOW' going to be a tutorial??? :wink: :roll: :?: :D
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

Hello friends,
    On them side, everything is what for your desktop needs

5. barry

barry Active Member

Had to repair somebody else's computer so i did mine as well and no way am I passing up a competition for Tims circle cutter

6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

OK, we have a decision, but it was a split one. I roped in my esteemed work collegues Nick, Mohammad and Colin ( the vacuum-casting team at my place of work) and we all studied the excellent desktops for a whole lunch-hour. After a lot of deliberation, we could not decide between two, so being the generous soul that I am, we have TWO winners. Both are pics that we all agreed were awe-inspiring, the sort of thing that you wish you had seen yourself; one man-made, the other nature in the raw. So, prepare your acceptance speeches please, Ashrunner for that incredible storm pic, and Jinkrauzlis for the Battleship picture.

Everyone else, in the words of Young Mr Grace, "You've all done very well!" and thanks for taking part. Watch this space for the next exciting competition!

Tim P
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow! I really don't know what to say!

Seeing all the other desktops, all of which I felt were just incredible, I am absolutely floored not to mention honored that the panel of esteemed judges even considered my desktop as one of the contenders, but to be chosen from all of those amazing entries as a co-winner, well, that is just too much! :shock:

Congratulations to Ashrunner for his extraordinary desktop presentation; truly an amazing photo!

A further thanks to all for submitting their entires, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed seeing, and thanks to the judges for even considering my desktop photo.

The photo I chose as my desktop grabbed me the first time I saw it because of the amazing visual presentation of a broadside from one of the last existing battleships. The precussion blast effect reflected by the sea surface I felt was very striking, and I hope others enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed their desktops.

A special thanks to Ron and the other moderators who spend so much time making this website available and its operation seem effortless. I thoroughly enjoy visiting the many threads and being able to share/learn tips, techniques and develop friendships with an outstanding group of card modelers.

Thank you so very much!! :D
  8. copertura

copertura New Member

Alexander the Great and Darius

Pompei mosaic showing Alexander the Great and Darius during Isso battle
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Wow...I am honored and speechless 8v) so I'll type.

I wish I knew the name of the photographer who took that storm shot. His website had several nice images. The one I use on my desktop had to be fixed somewhat to fit a 1024x768 screen. The original image was about 60 percent of the size. I did nothing to change the image except to increase its resolution to look good on the desktop. I used Kneson Imagener at http://www.imagener.com. It's a good program for enlarging an image and not losing a lot of detail, assuming there is a lot of detail in the image to begin with 8v)

I live in an area where storms are rare, but I love storms. I think last year I saw a total of a dozen lightning bolts. So I generally have some sort of stormy shot on my desktop. But the shot I now have, had it all...tornado, lightning, sunset...and more.
  10. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Congrats to the both of you for two incredible desktops! Both awe inspiring, whether man-made or natural.

Thanks for sharing,

11. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

I just set this photo as my desk top background.
    Go it off the link that Barry just gave me in the horten thread 8)

What a photo :shock:

12. gera

gera Member

I like to use this one
  13. tino

tino Member

Hi can someone tell me how to make make a sreen saver of my computer?
    What buttons should I press?
    Sorry my ignorance...

Best Regards,
  14. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Tino

Is it a screen svaer or a backgroud image you want to use??

If its a background image you want to use, just right click the image and in the list of options it should have "Set as Background" click it and the computor will do the rest.

If its a moving screen saver I have not got a clue :lol:

Hope this helps

15. Ron

Ron Member

16. Falcon

Falcon Member

Hi to all, after reading all posts I want to show you my current desktop.