Who has the coolest desktop?

Discussion in 'Software' started by wunwinglow, Jun 3, 2004.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Like it says on the lid. We all compared cutting matts a little while ago, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyones desktops looked like too!

Here is mine....

Tim P

PS 600 x 450 jpeg please, for consistancy! I might offer a prize to the best one...
  2. and here is mine....
  3. Someone is bound to be offended; women, gays, prudes...
    So I offer a link.

Mature only, R-rated (cut an paste into fresh browser window, due to webhost security diverter):

I put this one up last week, before it was a cute Miyazawa Yukino from "Kareshi Kanojyo no Jijyo" for several weeks. Before that it was a "wall of rice".
  4. Might as well put up something PG.
  5. Kugelfang

Kugelfang Member

Hope this is not too big. It gives away my secret attraction to...

(artwork by Mark Miller)

6. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

MW, I liked your first wallpaper much, MUCH better... :twisted:
  7. Peter H

Peter H Member

Here's mine.

Was going through some 2002 backup CD's looking for flying thing subjects the other day....
  8. hwashing

hwashing New Member

I love this topic.

9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I actually switch between the two from time to time...

First - I like the graphics.
    Second - this should be rather obvious :D
  10. Ron

Ron Member

Mine changes like the wind but this one has been up for a few weeks now

11. Ron

Ron Member

12. Ajax

Ajax Member

I change my desktop background fairly often, but right now I have the Sky Captain "Flying Legion" wallpaper up. My avatar also depicts Sky Captain... I guess you could say I'm looking forward to the movie! ;) :lol:
  13. marc

marc New Member

14. Liars!

Okay, I lied. You're all a bunch of liars.
    This is what mine tends to appear like on a light work day.
  15. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Re: Liars!

Yup, you're right Masamune; but I expected people to tidy up their workplaces before letting the public in to look around. I noticed several trash bins that need emptying, for a start....

Maybe we ought to run a parallel comp for the most cluttered desktop.

Tim P

PS Wot, no browser with cardmodels.net loaded?? Tut tut......
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Sorry Tim,

Can't contribute right now..., seems I've caught something that is really difficult to get rid of..., scans are taking 12 hours to run. Hard to get a screen capture of a DOS screen running a virus scan. As you might tell this is the real and awful truth about what most of us have to look at A LOT!

New song;

Blue Screens
    Blue Screens have got me
    Blue Screens all day long

Best regards, Gil

P.S. This was written using another computer in the my home network..., no, don't even think about what happens when it begins to gurgle...,
  17. OT Re: Liars!

That was not cluttered, I didn't have five other major pieces of software running :lol:
    My terminal runs clean. I dump my temp files and cache daily, sometimes every few hours, and empty the trash. Defrag once a week, virus scan every few days or when alerted. Back-up projects to CD-RW, and update periodically. I have to be careful, only have 160Gb of harddrive :roll:
    Connected to the web only when using the web, otherwise it's *physically* unplugged from the line.
    Copy e-mails and forum posts as textfiles for archive and reference.
    Miss Uehara flashes on when booting the system and that's the last time I see the end of her (except for peeks of skin around the windows) until I reboot. I don't know what I was thinking with that larger than life wall of rice, lacies are more visually appealing regardless of how briefly viewed

Also, I'm the only one that has ever used this computer (securely locked in my workroom), so it's not user friendly (very technician friendly :lol: ) and in over two years has yet to breakdown, or require OS reinstallation. It has frozen a few times, apparently you can't run AutoCAD, DeltaCAD, CorelDraw, CorelPhotopaint, image viewer, SpyBot, Ad-aware, virus scanner, 10+ Explorers, a few notepads, MSWord, Mp3 converter, DVD player (reference captures :) ), HyperSnap and MSPaint at the same time... who knew? :oops:
  18. Peter H

Peter H Member

Addendum to my Desktop.....

1) Thats my desktop in reality, I only took two shortcuts and put them in my temp folder for the screengrab. The underpinning is my computer is the "Net" computer in the house for the family since I like to watch what the kids are doing and it means I have to keep only one computer squeeky clean.

2) The desktop is very generic for everyone and BIG to save me putting on glasses all the time.

Loved the graphics.....
    How did I know Gil would be using Dos......
  19. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

Re: OT Re: Liars!

Gives new meaning to "booty call" -
  20. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Here is my current desktop :shock:

This is my first alternate :)

PS This is my first time posting pics, it only took three tries :lol:
    Any suggestions for reducing image size (Kb)??