Who enjoys them more?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

The Christmas tree has been up for just under a week and the Polar Express has been set around the tree. This is about as far as we have gotten with our Christmas decorations. The week after Thanksgiving is a hectic week even though I take a full week of vacation after thanksgiving. The living room is still loaded with unpacked boxes of decoration awaiting their respective placement. I do a little more hunting than working on the Christmas stuff.

However I have noticed during the past few holidays a train fan club has grown. Our tree is in front of the sliding glass doors and the cats line up each year to watch the train circle the tree. This year though has been a little different. The cats will paw at the glass doors until we start the train on its journey. Then they sit there moving their heads in circles watching the train.

The fan club has gotten to the point that the cats will MEOW after bedtime forcing my wife to come down and start the trains just to calm down this fan club. I just laugh and tell her to be thankful the cows haven’t found a way to get on the porch.
  2. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

For the sake of the wife, why don't you put little dog figurines in the train?sign1
  3. Dr. John

Dr. John Member

That's funny! My two dachshunds could not care less about the trains. Even with railsounds, bells and horns they just ignore it.
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

We went out today for the tree and the PE is around it now, although I need a couple of half straights to fill it out. Found a dent in one rail that may have to be replaced.
    One of the cats usually enjoys chasing trains -- every time we run the trolley he gets up on the mantle and tries to kill it. The PE is a bit bigger and the whistle scares him a bit. But he's a bit braver (and more dangerous) when it isn't running.
    Spent half an hour cleaning track -- some interesting gunk on the rails and even the clean rails yielded something black.
  5. Geno

Geno Member

I keep our cats out of my train room for a few reasons- I like to keep it cat-hair free, so people with cat allergies (like my sister and niece) can enjoy it, and the cats like to pee on the tracks.:cry: