Whittle Shortline Railroad Toy Trains

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Herc Driver, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

For those with small children or grandchildren who are interested in the Brio or Thomas The Tank wooden trains...there is a company in St Louis, MO that makes really good looking wooden trains, compatable with the wooden or plastic track from Brio and Thomas. These trains are of great quality and are of American RRs featuring up to date cars and engines. I bought several for my kids and they look as good today as the day I bought them. The prices are similiar to Brio/Thomas. Here's the website... www.woodentrain.com

They are introducing a C 44 9W in March to go with their GP's in various lines. The magnets are stronger than other wooden trains on the market, and the wheel trucks they use are a lot better too. You can't find them in too many stores so you'll need to order directly. Service is prompt. Here's a picture of a set.

Attached Files:

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

The Smiths Falls Railway Museum has these for anyone in Eastern Ontario

Whittle trains do look very nice...

3. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Thanks, I never heard of them, but the stuff looks neat. My grandson is one. so he is still a year or two away, but they are saved on my favorites list.
  4. nachoman

nachoman Guest

I built some for my nephews...kinda fun. i built a shay, a GP, and a little switcher.

5. trainworm

trainworm Member

I bought a bunch for my niece for Christmas. I really like them, and she seems to also. :D