White Knight

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by cecil_severs, Dec 21, 2004.

1. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Here's one a lot of folks have been waiting for. And it's a beauty too! :lol:

Just go to the Kartobauettbewerb-area at: www.kartonbau.de.

Registrations is required, :? but it's fast and easy and they have several language versions. :p

I think I just found my new favorite card model forum! :D

2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i never see it in english so i cant do nathing axept looking the pic

we have this world thet ron and ric bild and work hard for it
    i not going to brack to anther ways just coz 1 **** disided to a hack us
  3. rowiac

rowiac Member

Well that took me a little while to find, so here's a tip that might help other people find the model. Go to the search page "Suchen" and search for "white knight". You'll find it in the "Die Wettbewerbsmodelle / The Contest Models" link.

Or just go here: http://www.kartonbau.de./thread.php?threadid=1314&sid=

Thanks Cecil for letting us know about this one.

4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Ok, I was trying to prevent another Smartgroups/Slashdot effect on their site,

I have been emailing their admin about my permission to post about the model.

I do expect now that everyone knows, to at least build one of the models for the contest, and enter it

I am doing maybe all 3 of the models.

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I just got the go ahead from our own Jan Mueller

If anyone wants the White Knight or other 2 models they have available, a Stuka engine and a Mercury Redstone Rocket,

Join up with www.kartonbau.de

and look fir the 2.nd kartonwettbewerb(contest)
    there will be two posts, one for the Rules,
    Please follow these
    and one for the actual models themselves.

6. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Glad to see that you have it worked out with the kartonbau.de people. :)
  7. jmueller

jmueller Member

Hey Folks,

thanks to you all for the interest in my model.
    If you need any help or have questions please do not hesitate to contact me:
    I'm sorry for not being here so often, I spend more time now over at kartonbau.de.

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

that is quite alright.

I have printed your model, and I must say, it is very well done, awesome job in designing this one.

Now to build it

9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WOW! :shock:

Thanks!!! :D
  10. rowiac

rowiac Member

Thanks for making your White Knight model available. It looks great.
    I just finished building Ralph Currell's Spaceship One last week, so the timing of your model is perfect.

Thanks again,

11. Darwin

Darwin Member

I registered last night, and managed to keep the eyelids propped up long enough to download the White Knight....a beautiful design. Vielen Danken.

The bad news is that I had to sign off before getting the other two. Maybe I'm spoiled by most of the American websites I've joined and their instant registration (read be able to immediately start logging onto the site). It is proving a major frustration that tonight I am not able to log onto the site (does not recognize either my user name or my password, or possibly both), yet apparently the site records now have the info on file, since I am unable to repeat the registration process using them. I had similar problems registering with the paper ship model site as well...it was a couple months after registering that I finally got an email telling me my registration was activated (at least that is what I think it said, as I'm struggling with a language I haven't used in over 40 years). Oh, well, sooner or later I will probably manage to get logged on again and get the Stuka engine and Redstone.
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Thanks for this awesome Christmas Present!!!

I will e-mail Ralph Currell about this model! :wink:
  13. billmcc

billmcc Member

Hi All,

Has anyone translated page 2 of the White Knight model file into english yet? I think it is the general instructions for the model.

Jan Mueller,

Thank you for sharing your White Knight model!!
  14. jmueller

jmueller Member

Hey folks,
    stay tuned, I will give you a translation within the next few hours (meaning you will have it at dawn :) ).

Thanks for the feedback.

15. jmueller

jmueller Member

Morning All,

I just changed my Avatar to the one I'm using at kartonbau.de.
    So don't get confused :arrow: I'm the White Knight 8)

16. charliec

charliec Active Member

17. jmueller

jmueller Member

Thanks Charlie,
    I just wanted to post that link...

18. billmcc

billmcc Member

Charlie and Jan,

Thank you very much for providing the english instructions!
  19. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I've printed Mr. Mueller's model, and its excellent! A masterpiece indeed! :wink:

But, I'm a little bit confused about making the main landing gear wheels... How can I make it with curved on the rolling side? :?:

Thanks For this One again Sir Mueller!!!

20. widget

widget Member

Noob question: How do I open a pwd file?
    Acrobat 4 won't decrypt it.