which to buy ? hpi / traxxas

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by skidilydidily1, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey , i wanna buy a monster truck , but i am torn between the savage or the tmaxx which do u think is better an why ? help me choose lol :)! cheers[:p]
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I think you should get a savage. They are durable as #@$% and will take anything you do. Tmaxxs are good but parts can be exspensive. Id go with the savage, but thats just me
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i would also say the savage. it is a #@$% of a lot more durable and can take a beating
  4. rustler

rustler Member

even thoguh its not one of you choices i suggest the traxxas revo, that is if your willing to spend the money.....its about 90-100 dollars more but i think it would be worth it thats just my opinion.
  5. pimp

pimp Active Member

t maxx it is faster than the savage if u r going for a t maxx or savage and it is cheaper and u can do more with a t maxx
  6. redheat

redheat Member

T Maxx all the way much faster and parts dont break as easy as some people say, parts support is great if needed or after market parts. Tons of options are availble if you want to go down that road.
  7. Nitro25

Nitro25 New Member

It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to race it the t-maxx is the only way to go I couldn't count the number of savages I have pass on the track. But if your not looking to race the savage is the way to go because the t-maxx isn't as durable.
  8. rustler

rustler Member

i dont understand why every one thinks that the t-maxx isnt durable, i've seen some get beat around pretty bad and not break anything
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Yea whats all this BS about the TMaxx not being durable ,Ive got 2 and I dont have any trouble with durability and busting parts, sure I do break small parts here and there but its from normal wear and tear and I really put both of them threw the mill every weekend. Any way thats my two bits.
  10. rustler

rustler Member

you got two? what do you need the other for
  11. redheat

redheat Member

They are both set up completely different from each other and perform on two different scales from electronics to chassis and motor set-up. I also have 4 other rc's. I'm addicted to this hobby.
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

my friend bought a t-maxx and the first time he took it out after break-in he broke the front end right off. i crash my savage into many things and nothing brakes. maybe the reason the maxxes you have seen dont brake anything is because they have upgraded to rpm parts or some aluminum or titanium parts
  13. redheat

redheat Member

One has RPM arms and the other is stock as far as body mods. I'm not a big fan of aluminum parts I want parts that are going to give a little in case of a hard crash plus when that stuff bends it is almost impossible to bend it back. Dont misunderstand what I'm saying here I have broken parts but not to the extent that alot of other people have. I havent seen a truck that didnt break a part at one time or another.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i get what you are saying. i dont think when they started building these things they would be bashed to the extent that they are.
  15. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

I would recomend the traxxas REVO that thing looks bada$$
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

that thing looks strictly racing and i think he wants to bash
  17. redheat

redheat Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Traxxas S-Maxx , Okay people I no your all saying WHAT . This truck is fast really easy to work on and yea the 2.5 can be alittle bit of a pain to tune but once you have it tuned it'll fly. Parts, hop- up's , Trxxas support, hey it's all there.
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

o man i keep forgeting about that thing.ya it does look nice and its like the same price as the sportmaxx
  19. redheat

redheat Member

I'm telling you that thing gets up and goes. And for some one just getting started and wants a MT at a really good price the S-Maxx is the way to go cant beat the price.
  20. i would definitely go with the T-maxx. The savage is slow and has dogbone breaking problems. i have an electric rustler that is faster and can rock crawl better. traxxas has very durable vehicles. i punish mine to death and it takes it like a champ. plus, the t-maxx is the original champ so it has a better reputation where as the savage just came out. the t-maxx has many easy to find replacement parts and a huge line of aftermarketparts.The only thing i would buy from HPI would be their huge rims. i think they are the UFO's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.