which is better???

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alienboy, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alienboy

alienboy New Member

hey any one which is better a T-Maxx or Rustler??
  2. alienboy

alienboy New Member

T-Maxx 2.5 or the Nitro Rustler 2.5
  3. alienboy

alienboy New Member

which is better????
  4. I like personally like the rustler 2.5 better because it has a lot more speed than the T-maxx, but since i have a place in my neighborhood i like the t-maxx just because of the torque it has.
  5. alienboy

alienboy New Member

but which is better for a beginner? i dont like the rustler because its 2wd and it pops wheelies too mcuh and peeps say its hard to control it and they say its good for beginners and t-maxx is cool since its 4wd and wont pop wheelies. it wont be hard to control. which has better control?
  6. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

7. alienboy

alienboy New Member

8. alienboy

alienboy New Member

but its expensive u guys know some where if its like $300-$370 but that WORKS and from traxxas not immatation
  9. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

You really should have experiance befor you get the rustler cause its just so powerful..my neighbor has one...if you do a tight turn it flips over! Just its light and so powerful...but has not as much as the T-Maxx in controll..But 40 MPH is enough...just think about it. 40 MPH! Thats pretty fast. And has good Controlling and has 4WD..So its a plus...
  10. alienboy

alienboy New Member

ok cool thanks
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

T-Maxx pulls weelies too.
    i have a Rustler Electric powered with more power than the gas Rustler.i placed some of the cells up front to keep the front down and placed some of the cells in the back for traction and the rest in the middle.(16 cells)(14 turn)0-50mph+ in 3 seconds or less.with a quick change of gears,over 100MPH!
    also i adjusted the shocks the right way for going around turns fast with out flipping.
    the gas Rustler might either be top heavy or the (A J G 3 6 6)guy`s neighbor did`nt adjust the shocks right for driving in the street.
    but as far as wich is better T-Max or Rustler,it depends on what you want.they are both great but in different ways.
  12. alienboy

alienboy New Member

ya but can i make a ruslter the gas one 4WD instead of a 2WD??
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

14. alienboy

alienboy New Member

if i get the sportmaxx can i get it up to 50+ MPH? can u guys help me with the things i need to buy so i can make it 50+ MPH.
  15. alienboy

alienboy New Member

o and my friend wants to know which is better for a beginner, a rustler (nitro) or the 4-tec 2.5?
  16. alienboy

alienboy New Member

can i make a rustler (nitro) a 4wd? and can i make it a 2 speed
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

tell you friend to get a rustler rather than the 4-tec.i have a rustler and it handles awesome in the street on street tires.
  18. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

No...My neighbor know's everything..for christmas he got 250 $$ worth of aluminum for his car,he know how to put all the junk on it..he know everything about the nitro rustler...HES LIKE A DICTIONARY FOR THE RUSTLER!!!

And you said your electric Rustler can actually reach 50+MPH??? How did you do that!? You need to tell me...
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

dude my electric rustler can reach speeds of well over 100MPH.i design my own mechanical speed controls to have the ability to handle alot of amps without burning out.i,currently, run 16 cells with a 14 turn motor.0-40 MPH in 2.5 seconds.wich is with alot of wheel spin off the line.about one second of wheel spin.if there was`nt any wheel spin or wheelie problem i would have it hit 40 in under a second; i would imagine.to make it hit top speeds of over 100mph,wich i have done,i need to change the pinion and spur gears and go to a place where there is room to do it.it does not accelerate as fast,of coures.there are guys out there that drag race and their cars running 0-85mph in 1.7 sec.i came on this web board in hopes of talking people like that.instead i find a lot of inexpeirenced people and kids.
  20. alienboy

alienboy New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.