Which flextrack?

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Which HO flextrack?

Does it make any difference which brand of HO flextrack I use? I only have Bachmann EZ track now which I believe is code 100. I have found some Model Power code 100 on sale but have heard Atlas is preferred. Decisions, decisions? My main concern is reliability, not realism.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Here are the brands I know about:

Atlas - reliable, although the ties are out of scale - too big.
Peco - reliable, has the European tie plates, so not very realistic and costs more
Rivarossi - reliable, very realistic-looking, hard to find

There's also Shinohara - haven't tried it.

Val

CBCNSfan

Mar 11, 2005
NS Canada
I used the Atlas nickle silver flextrack and turnouts, I suppose because it was readily available just about everywhere. I havn't tried any of the others mainly because of the price and availability. I quite content with the Atlas product so I haven't looked elsewhere. All I can do is confirm the Atlas flextrack is a decent product for the price.
Cheers Willis

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
As for reliablility goes, like the others said, there's not much you can do to screw up flextrack, so go with what's available where you buy. For me that's Atlas by default.

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. I probably will go with Model Power silvernickel code 100 flextrack on sale for $119. per 100 since there were no negatives about it. Thanks again.

CBCNSfan

Mar 11, 2005
NS Canada
LOL.:D I knew I posted an answer to another thread, but didn't know where it went, now I know. Sorry :eek:ops: I'll repost it where it belongs
Cheers Willis