Which Direction Do You Run Your Trains?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Ok, goofy question.... For those of you who have continuous loops in your layouts, which direction do your trains go? Clockwise or counter-clockwise? I've always run my trains clockwise just because.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Being that I'm in the northern hemisphere, my trains run clockwise. (Sorry I couldn't resist) All kidding aside...I run clockwise "into" my station and "into" the sidings so I don't need to back into a siding.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Our club layout has three continuous running mains connected to a coin operated system. We run two trains one direction and the third in the opposite direction, changing directions periodically to even out the wear.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
At the moment 2 out of 3 loops are running clockwise. One has an s curve leading into a switch if I run CCW so I never run that loop CCW, it is just asking for a derailment.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
I set my empire up to run in both directions{2 cabs}with long blocks,about twice the length of a train.Trouble is I'm too easily distracted and have had some near catsasstrophies.Only had one car make it to the floor.

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
On my old layout, I mostly ran clockwise, at least while it was single track, because most spurs were trailing-point that way. Once it was double-tracked, of course I ran both ways.

Mannix

Apr 9, 2006
I am installing a reversing loop so I can run both ways rather than having one train run north and other one run south. I also want to be able to get into all of my sidings with all of the trains.