Where's The Miners?????????

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Hey Guys, I'm really enjoying all the links for logging but was wondering if a similar one was ever done or could started to encompass mining?I don't know if it is just a standard but it seems like alot of the links are only in the larger gauges, being in Nscale myself it seems like we get shortchanged on our stuff.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by belg
I don't know if it is just a standard but it seems like alot of the links are only in the larger gauges, being in Nscale myself it seems like we get shortchanged on our stuff.

I myself love N scale. Where else could us HOers get great parts to pillage and loot for our HOn30 equipment.:eek: :D :p

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Re: Re: Where's The Miners?????????

Originally posted by shaygetz

I myself love N scale. Where else could us HOers get great parts to pillage and loot for our HOn30 equipment.:eek: :D :p

Hey we N scale "miners" can do our share of "pillaging & looting" too! :D

Here's an N scale coal mine I made from pieces of three different HO structure kits...
This is the Matheson Mine on my Poor Fork RR & Mining Co. layout...I had a ongoing thread in the N/Z forum keeping up with the layouts construction...the thread had grown to about 15 pages long, when it was lost due to a server crash here at The Gauge.:rolleyes:
Here's a couple of views of the mine from both sides...

Attachments

• natmine1.jpg
    natmine1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 142

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks shaygetz! :)

I cobbled that together from a Walthers coal dock, & meat packing plant, & a Model Power brewery, all HO scale.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Re: Re: Re: Where's The Miners?????????

Originally posted by Charlie

Hey we N scale "miners" can do our share of "pillaging & looting" too!
Charlie,

You never cease to amaze me where you come up with these little gems. I don't know how big your layout is, but so far I've seen a couple of hundred sqare feet of it, and enjoy every bit.

Don

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's The Miners?????????

Originally posted by ezdays
Charlie,

You never cease to amaze me where you come up with these little gems. I don't know how big your layout is, but so far I've seen a couple of hundred sqare feet of it, and enjoy every bit.

Don

Thanks Don!:)
The mining layout is only about 10sq ft...only about 4 1/2sq ft is scenicked so far...:eek: :rolleyes:
Now you can see why I could never build a large layout!:D :rolleyes: :D

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
operation

Well lets see if have any more interest because there were not to many responses before we ask for a seperate thread/forum.
Jim or any other knowledgable miner,this city boy is at a loss of how things operate in mines ,mine heads, and in a coalyard. How does the coal get from place to place. I've seen tons of pictures but that doesn't show operation.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
belg or any one inrested

e mail me at meat2759@earthlink.net and will send you how mine works from cutting to loadout there is a vast differance in a modern mine to the old mule mines that were common in the 40's
the mining law on 1977 put most of the small mines out of bizz.
what era are you interested in?