Where's The Miners?????????

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by belg, Jul 5, 2003.

1. belg

belg Member

Hey Guys, I'm really enjoying all the links for logging but was wondering if a similar one was ever done or could started to encompass mining?I don't know if it is just a standard but it seems like alot of the links are only in the larger gauges, being in Nscale myself it seems like we get shortchanged on our stuff.
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I myself love N scale. Where else could us HOers get great parts to pillage and loot for our HOn30 equipment.:eek: :D :p
  3. Blake

Blake Member

The miners? Well they're just too young to be here!!! Oh wait, that's minOrs!! Actually, I will start a thread on coal breakers soon. I've been to 3 of them in pennsylvania and took many photos.
  4. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

what do you want to know about mining spent many years under ground
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Re: Re: Where's The Miners?????????

Hey we N scale "miners" can do our share of "pillaging & looting" too! :D

Here's an N scale coal mine I made from pieces of three different HO structure kits...
    This is the Matheson Mine on my Poor Fork RR & Mining Co. layout...I had a ongoing thread in the N/Z forum keeping up with the layouts construction...the thread had grown to about 15 pages long, when it was lost due to a server crash here at The Gauge.:rolleyes:
    Here's a couple of views of the mine from both sides...

Attached Files:

6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

View #2

Attached Files:

7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Great work Charlie, I love seeing that we can "share" between scales.:p
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks shaygetz! :)

I cobbled that together from a Walthers coal dock, & meat packing plant, & a Model Power brewery, all HO scale.
  9. Blake

Blake Member

Looks great Charlie.
  10. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Re: Re: Re: Where's The Miners?????????

You never cease to amaze me where you come up with these little gems. I don't know how big your layout is, but so far I've seen a couple of hundred sqare feet of it, and enjoy every bit.

11. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's The Miners?????????

Thanks Don!:)
    The mining layout is only about 10sq ft...only about 4 1/2sq ft is scenicked so far...:eek: :rolleyes:
    Now you can see why I could never build a large layout!:D :rolleyes: :D
  12. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Great Idea!!

I also would love to see a separate thread (? forum??) for mining. I already have lots of questions.

How about "The Mine Run"?:)
  13. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I would like to see a mining thread. There will be a gold mine (or two) on my layout. Call it "A Miner Thread" ;)
  14. belg

belg Member

Well lets see if have any more interest because there were not to many responses before we ask for a seperate thread/forum.
    Jim or any other knowledgable miner,this city boy is at a loss of how things operate in mines ,mine heads, and in a coalyard. How does the coal get from place to place. I've seen tons of pictures but that doesn't show operation.
  15. Blake

Blake Member

I started a thread on coal breakers in the photo forum.
  16. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

belg or any one inrested

e mail me at meat2759@earthlink.net and will send you how mine works from cutting to loadout there is a vast differance in a modern mine to the old mule mines that were common in the 40's
    the mining law on 1977 put most of the small mines out of bizz.
    what era are you interested in?