where to sell gold bullion / dore from dental scrap gold to?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by wackoscooba, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wackoscooba

wackoscooba New Member

I've melted lots of dental scrap into an ingot / gold bar and refined it using a home refining system. its 99.98% gold. where can i sell it to? I saw others on Ebay which sold for a lot less than the gold spot price (ie, spot was $20/gram and other home-made bars were selling for roughly $16/gram only) The only ones selling for a good price were the stamped ones from Metalor, Suisse, etc. Since I made it myself, what do I do with it? I tried selling some before to refiners I found online like Midwest Refineries and Garfield, but the return was NOT as advertised. They claimed I would get 94%-96% of the value but they really only gave me like 60% - scammers, to say the least. Anyways, does anyone have experience with a reputable gold buyer for non-minted gold bullions? Allso, I have a good amount of palladium which is about half the price of gold - who can buy that at a good price? Thanksim dealing with about 50 oz. what is the minimum for a known refining company to refine my gold, and do you know what rates they charge?
  2. Knowledge

Knowledge New Member

Many coin dealers will buy bullion. You might also try jewelry stores (real jewelers, not the places in the mall).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.