Where to get Track Alignment Tools?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hi guys, can someone help me out here? Im looking for some Track Alignment Tools to help lay my mainline and some of my sidings possibly,

Im looking for 24"-30" for my mains, i prefer the highy radius of 30" and i could prolly get away with more then that. For the siding somewhere between 18" and 22"

Does anyone know where to get these? I looked on Walthers, there sold out on almost ALL of them lol

Thanks in advance

cidchase

I just made sure that the cork roadbed was laid exactly on the line I had marked for the track centerline. Then the center line where the two halves of roadbed meet guided the centerline placement of the flextrack.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks guys, I really wanted to get a set of the metal gauges

Josh, thanks for links, i found some cool tool, but the one radius tool only goes up to 23" :cry:

So the search continues lol :rolleyes:

Russ Bellinis

If you want some to last like metal alignment tools, make a pattern out of cardboard and then use it to mark up and cut out a piece of masonite.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
If you want some to last like metal alignment tools, make a pattern out of cardboard and then use it to mark up and cut out a piece of masonite.

Hmmmmm i hadnt thought of masonite, good Idea Russ. Im going to look around a bit more for the metal ones and when i give up :rolleyes: i will prolly make them out of masonite lol

Thanks Russ

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Well i just bought a track template tool from this web site:

http://www.microtechscalemodels.com/HO_&_HOn3.htm

there plastic templates and they come in 3 packs so i got 1 pack of 3 for 30" radius curves, these are pretty neat they allow you to quote

"
Track-Temps snap together to form curves to tangent sections that allow you to draw a center-line, track-lines, and the outside lines of the ties, all at one time. These time saving templates are cut from 1/8" clear plastic to allow you to see your rough layout lines underneath; they also come pre-drilled to allow them to be pinned to the layout during use."[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]

I bought 1 set of these, they were $12.95 lol, bot the cheapest way to deal with my problem lol but these look like they will work and be really helpful :mrgreen:
[/FONT]

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Of coarse, this would happen, i found the metal track alignment tools made by Ribbon Rail and ordered the ones i needed. Caboose Hobbies has them, and most of them in stock if anyone else is interested in them :thumb: :mrgreen:

Pooh Bah
There is a set of curved tools made by Tracksetta and, I believe, distributed by Peco. Both HO and N. Unfortunately, not a large choice of radii -- I have 24, 36 and 60 and straight, maybe one more. They're longer than the Ribbon Rail tools but Ribbon Rail may have them in 2" increments.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
There is a set of curved tools made by Tracksetta and, I believe, distributed by Peco. Both HO and N. Unfortunately, not a large choice of radii -- I have 24, 36 and 60 and straight, maybe one more. They're longer than the Ribbon Rail tools but Ribbon Rail may have them in 2" increments.

lol Ribbon rail has them staring at 15" and go all the up to 48" i think i saw.

i got 20", 26", 30" and 32" as well as 10" straight one. There pretty cheap, i spent $30 including $8.95 shipping and got all them i wanted above, as apposed to 1 pack of 3 of the ones i mentioned in my post a few posts ago.