Where to get A4 paper in the U.S.

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by BARX2, Feb 6, 2007.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Many of the free models I find online are formatted for A4. I hate printing them out 92%. I will run over to an office store soon, but I was wondering where folks in the U.S. get A4 card stock and can you recommend a good brand? I'm very happy with the Wassau bright white 65 lb in letter size, so that's what I'd be looking for in A4, if they make it. Thanks.

Joe
  2. silverw

silverw Member

A4 paper

Hi BARX2

A trick that I use is to temporarily tack glue your regular letter size card to a sheet of legal size paper. Leave it down about a half inch at the top( or whatever the margin is), then you can print on the full 11 inches. Works for most of them.

... Bill
  3. rickstef

rickstef Active Member

only places you could try is the local mom and pop copy shops, who might be able to custom cut it for you.

some of my favorites are Epson Online, you can order from their US operations, and I have inkjet and photo paper from them, in A4

And if you want something a little thinner than the Wausau Bright White Cover Stock, try the A4 packs from Akadot Retail, an online store catering to the Anime/Manga crowd
    www.akadot.com do a search for paper or A4

Rick
  4. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

I found some at Office Max once but normally just use legal (8-1/2 x 14) card stock from one of the online vendors (paperstore.com and others).
  5. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Paper.com has a wide selection of Wassau Bristol in many sizes and weights. I can't seem to get a link to work (I'm doing something wrong!?!), but if you got to the site, just go down to the brand selection on the lower left and pick Wassau, then down to the exact vellum Bristol. I think there are 5 pages of selections. I haven't tried them yet, but I plan to.
    Chris
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

You may aslo find that some of the models are 'world' size in that they can be printed as A4 or letter. Look at the border of the model in your image program. If the border is above the bottom of the page bottom by .69" or more, than you can print using letter paper (but with the printer setting for A4).
  7. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I found 67# 8-1/2 x 14 at a local scrap book store.
  8. BARX2

BARX2 Member

For some reason I thought that A4 would be just another of the paper sizes available along with Letter, Legal, etc. I knew it was most common for non-U.S. sites, but didn't think it would actually be hard to find here. I think that 8.5 X 14 (is that Legal size?) would probably be the best bet. Thanks for all the advice.
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

If you are not too worried about scales too much then you can let the printer to auto-adjust to the correct magnification.