Where to find deep dish rims

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by driftaholic, Jun 22, 2004.

1. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Id have to say he wanted them for a RCC car, not a real car tho.
  2. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

Oops, I posted the wrong one.

Here you go: Click Here
  3. driftar

driftar Guest

has any one found deep dish wheels that i can buy
  4. VDubbin

VDubbin Guest

Re: rims

there are some here But I'm not helping with your homework any more...
  5. driftar

driftar Guest

well you didn't help me with my homework cause im lookin for a site where i can get kwada deep dish wheels thank you very much
  6. iGuy

iGuy Guest

didnt ebay had some ???
  7. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

I have a contact that can get ahold of some out of japan, some off brand r/c car manufacturer I will see if I can get some more info...
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I have a project with some deep dish rims. i plan on making my own for production, and sale here in the US. My main problem tho, is im not sure what a popular design is. If you guys could find a set of real deep dish rims, a pick of them that you like, and send it to me, that would be great so i could start work on them.
  9. iGuy

iGuy Guest

huh !!!!
    How crazy can you go with your design ?
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

As crazy as realistic goes. I cant have a rim with one spoke... something like some BBS Desgins, but i cant find any Deep Dishs.
  11. iGuy

iGuy Guest

I need the actual RC rim for it ? Or just a Pic of a real rim,.... Or you need the Blue Print of a rim in CAT format thingy ?
  12. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Sparkey can do CAD drawings and designs so a real pic can get him going on designing a template to do a CAD drawing for cutting.
  13. iGuy

iGuy Guest

what about offset. How much back can the inner piece go ?

how much and what material? i mtie wanna get some
  14. iGuy

iGuy Guest

Little spokes with medium lip

Basic Comon seen drift tires

Little spokes again

The details gonna be a bitch !!!

Tell are these of somesort possible or you lookignf or adifferent kind ?

And then we have deeeep dish hahaha
  15. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thats exactly what im looking for. Detail is easy, but takes time. Id show you what im woking on here at school, but the lab im in doesnt have the program. So ill have a rim done tonight, and ill post a screeny of it up.

The reason i needed a pic of a rim was because im not good with phsics. Im not sure area's of rims as to whats strong and what not. And it also adds a huge bit of realism, seeing as how you can make the bodies look the same, but rims are another story.

Ill get a prototype drawn up, then have it attached to a arm and such that way you can see how it fits and such. Basicly ill have a arm from a TC3 Drawn up and have the rim attach to it.
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I can make it go as far as i feel like. Material will most likely be some plastic (Such as other RC Rims) Or i have the idea to thicken up the outer part and make it a PVC drift rim and tire all in one. Price will depend on material, machining, and labor costs.
  17. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Heres a little sample of some stuff im working on. Its not perfect yet, its a proto, and i dont have a digital caliper, or a calip at all for that matter!

As you can see, detail isnt really a problem for me, provided i have the correct measurments.
  18. iGuy

iGuy Guest

U be able to make totally diff rims ofset and size, if i am thinking about it. Since those are drifting rims u slide pvc over and u dont really have to worry about the inner lip for the rubber tires huh ?

I like how u able to make a lip,... but i dun dig the spokes,... too truck like for my taste. But hey they would look great on a truck (drift truck) dat is
  19. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

The totaly different rims thing is a no. If everyone got a say for what type of rim they wanted, and we made them individuaily, it would cost around $100 for a set of 2. However, i am open to suggestions for lip size, fillet size ect. As for the lips, i just dont have a rubber tyre rim on me. I only have off-road and foams. Also, i dont have a caliper so i cant get exact measurments.

Im sure you dont like the spokes, im not a fan of them eather. I was just running a trial to see what i could do.
  20. iGuy

iGuy Guest

i want the rim like the one from Diesel in fast n furious 1 on the red rex-7 i thin it was ?

or the one u see up there on the last pic all the way to the right.

for drifitng u wouldnt need to have a side wall for the rubber tires to snap inn thats what i meant !

like u can make it rouns and 2" get it ?