Where to Drift?

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, May 4, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

I was just wondering where do you drift?
    Any good ideas for drift areas?
  2. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

I drift at my dad's work, its nice and fun and when people arnt there i dont get bitched at.. :lol:
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

we all drift in the back parking lot at Wolfchase Honda. before drifting we used to run our nitro cars there. one night someone called the cops on us and they told us we had to leave because we were tresspassing. they weren't to mean because my friend Garret was with us and his dad is a cop. But anyways as soon as we were packing up the owner came out and after the cops told him what was happening he told them it was okay. he gave us permission to drive there whenever we want. it is perfect for drifting. we drift around light poles and especially the oval flower beds that are surrounded by curbs. they are approx. 5x10 feet. perfect to slide around. we also set up cone courses sometimes. it would be really cool to have an official rcdrifter.com drift event there sometime but it will have to become bigger to draw enough people to memphis. We do get tons of people for the TCS races there, and the honda dealership is just across the street
  4. Onikyan

Onikyan Guest

I like drifting on fresh blacktop - like a school lot or something similar. I'm a little partial to using electrical tape instead of PVC, and fresh blacktop and carpet is much kinder to tape than concrete or anything else, in my experience. I like PVC too, but man is it noisy!! They sound like old 1980's roller skates to me.
  5. migoreng

migoreng Guest

you can drift on any smooth flat area
    cars using pvc will have a hard time going up hills and will understeer and just slide down hills
    :p :lol:
  6. Demoniac

Demoniac Guest

My father has got his own company at home and we got about 50 x 10 meters of asphalt in front the house. There usually are some cars parked and some pieces of steel on the terrain (it's a metal working company) which make some nice obstacles to drift around. Should make some photo's someday..
    Another big advantage of my father's company is that I always have access to all sorts of drills, saws, bolts, nuts and other stuff 8)
  7. I drift on my drive way even though its steep. it teaches my how to counter and how to compensate for the understeer
  8. I drift by a frenchie school by my house. Its really smooth blacktop.
  9. i2ice0pride

i2ice0pride Guest

i like to drift at this elemetary school right by my house. very smooth ashfault and has benches and alot of obsticales i can drift around. also thers a tennis court nearby my house and its the best suface to drift on. also there like a million balls to lay out my "course"
  10. two sheds

two sheds Guest

i usually just drift on the street in front on my pad,i dont get out there until almost midnight so there is only minor traffic.i also like this one parking lot in front a post office.
  11. JZZ30

JZZ30 Guest

I like to go to my old Intermediate school! has a nice slick lunch area and office front.
  12. S14Swap240sx

S14Swap240sx Guest

my schools gym floor, target parking lot, and my driveway
  13. driftar

driftar Guest

go to your local tennis court thats the best spot
  14. R_man_5k

R_man_5k Guest

I am lucky.. the Garden Ridge right by me has a huge back parking lot and they don't use it. It is GREAT for drift... Lots of curbs and stuff to run around...
    It is also good for "normal" running of the touring cars...

Anybody in the Dallas area holla at me...
  15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no, I'm lucky. We have a park a block away from us, and the park has a sidewalk going downhill with a bunch of curves around the park. It's kinda like a little touge action.
  16. nagatahawk

nagatahawk Guest

Best Buys after hours, 10:00 pm.
    great smooth asphalt. and they leave the lights on.

Security dosen't mind, local fuz come by to see, they think we're racing LOL. We aint out of control officer, we iz jist drifting.