Where have all the logging modelers gone.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
We are not the most active bunch of folks here on "The gauge". I've got an excuse, I'm old. Maybe your Shay ran away and ended up in the swamp or a tree fell on you.sign1 As for me, I'm plugging along with my logging diorama. I have all of the rail down, the trestles are in, No power to the track yet but I did drill holes for wire. Now that the museum is closed for the winter, I can rip and tear without disturbing the operation of the layout. Our club president is heading south for the winter so no meetings for a few months.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Ive put off the Logging line until I finish the current project....Digital 1/32 Slot car circuit.
The On30 point to point will go on the shelf above it and be built as a Modular layout In easily transportable sections.(most will be 16 x 30 inches) I have room for aproximately 26 running feet above Slot track and Workbenches. Viewing height Is aproximately 64" (eye Level for me :).
Mostly it will be st up for displaying scratchbuilt structures, But it will operate in the slow fashion a logging line does..........It will however lack the dramatic steep grades so common to a logging line...........Ive a ways to go before I actually start on this however :)

Bucks Owin

Dec 1, 2002
Shingletown, Calif.
Visit site
Jim Krause said:
We are not the most active bunch of folks here on "The gauge". I've got an excuse, I'm old. Maybe your Shay ran away and ended up in the swamp or a tree fell on you.sign1 As for me, I'm plugging along with my logging diorama. I have all of the rail down, the trestles are in, No power to the track yet but I did drill holes for wire. Now that the museum is closed for the winter, I can rip and tear without disturbing the operation of the layout. Our club president is heading south for the winter so no meetings for a few months.

Hmmmm.....

Probably most of them are at Yahoo's 4L forum....

(Loyal Legion of Logged-on Loggers)

Dennis
IBCS

http://www.freewebs.com/bucksowin/

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Uhg, Yahoo Groups is such an unintuitive way to navigate a discussion. I like vB and phpBB forums so much better.

But cool that there is such a group - I've joined and will probably find it quite informative. Thanks for the link!

Joepomp

Dec 29, 2002
New Jersey How yous doing
Visit site
I am waiting for winter so I can hang out in the basement. I just bought a Mustang GT so while the weather is still good I am seeing to it that my XOM stock is doing well. On saturday nights WABC NYC plays the "oldies" 60s & 70s. It is exactly what and where I was when I was 10 years old. WOW I have come a long way!

Bucks Owin

Dec 1, 2002
Shingletown, Calif.
Visit site
LoudMusic said:
Uhg, Yahoo Groups is such an unintuitive way to navigate a discussion. I like vB and phpBB forums so much better.

But cool that there is such a group - I've joined and will probably find it quite informative. Thanks for the link!

You're most welcome. They're a serious bunch of RR loggers at 4L with lots of knowledge of the topic and a vast network of input. Forumwise, it's kinda like comparing the "NG&SL Gazette" with "Model Railroader" when it comes to logging if you catch my drift....

Information? You'll get it there!

Dennis

http://www.freewebs.com/bucksowin/