Where do you put all your models

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by MapleLeaf, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inky

inky Member

The majority of mine I give away. The rest I have on shelves and hanging from the ceiling.
  2. mayagaarda

mayagaarda New Member

As I started really recently, I haven't got any models to display yet, but I already told my soul mate soon I'm going to need a new set of shelves, luckily he is a carpenter :)
  3. urbanmystic

urbanmystic New Member

I've been keeping them on narrow shelves running the length of my main hallway. Pocket books fronted by various miniature and models. Having a set amount of space means that I have to give away or rotate the models over time.
  4. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Got a cheap 5 level shelf from walmart for $15. So far, that's all I need, but soon.......
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Where do I put all my models?.........Well, unfortunately, my wife doesn't let me date any more so......oh, wait, paper models, T.V., Stereo, Fireplace mantle, Fridge , anywhere and everywhere!!:p:twisted:
  6. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

I have some models on my shelves and many more in sealed airtight containers, some which have been sealed for almost 5 years.

Other times I try to make a small profit from my models but I rarely do that since some people have took my models and got the credit for making it instead of me which started my anxiety issue of showcasing my models. I hate it when people steal from me.
  7. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

In the trash!
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Oh yeah, right, I want your address! I am going dumpster diving at your house!!:p Nice to see you here Allen, very very nice!!:thumb:
  9. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

One mans junk is another mans treasure
  10. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

My models I keep for a few weeks and then put them in the recycle bucket, although I recently did an optimus prime model 4 foot high 5 months to build and it was the first model in the past 6 years that did not end up in the trash but went to a lucky 10 year old, lucky being that the model's last day was a friday and the kid got it on thursday.
  11. Experimental Designs

Well now if I have to "dispose" a model I would burn it instead of throwing it in the trash.

However in most cases I try to salvage it for parts if possible.
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

My dog has "consumed" more models than I care to admit. the worse part is picking up the "recycled" parts from the lawn. I have noticed that the ink I use, from InkProducts.com holds up very well!
  13. Experimental Designs

That one made my laugh so hard I think I lost a kidney...
  14. barad

barad New Member

there is never enough storage space for everything we want. just as well a paper model is only costly in time :)

ETOTONGKA New Member

I've givin away or scrapped more than I have kept
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.