Where did it go???

MCL_RDG

"Her 'get up and go'...

...musta got up and went'

I'm glad you fellows took the cue to go on undaunted and post your A-Z pics. I'm enjoying the new stuff.

Thanks,

Mark

BTW here's one more for M that I didn't get a chance to post- I think they should make 'em available for Sunday railfanning drives-

Attachments

• morristownspeeder.jpg
    morristownspeeder.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 117

DanRaitz

And here's a couple of 'S' railroads

First it's Soo Line #747 a SD40 made by EMD not Boeing:D

Attachments

• sooline#747.jpg
    sooline#747.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 106

DanRaitz

Here's my second 'S'. It's the St. Maries River Railroad in St. Maries, Idaho

Attachments

• smrr#103.jpg
    smrr#103.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 114

BDC

OK, I'm gonna fudge this 'S' entry a little here. I know that the railroad is technically the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and should be filed under 'A', but I just can't resist. I absolutely love the SPSF paint style and #5394 is the best looking of the bunch to me.

Attachments

• sf 5394d.jpg
    sf 5394d.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 96

BDC

And, waiting patiently in the night, Southern Pacific #7562 shows the non-white SPSF paint scheme.

Attachments

• sp 7562a.jpg
    sp 7562a.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 88

RailRon

And here are some more pics from Switzerland - for 'S', of course: The SBB = 'Schweizerische Bundesbahnen" (Swiss Federal Railroads).

Here is our 'workhorse' which you find both on passenger and freight trains, the 'Re 460'. This electric loco (15.000 Volt, 16-2/3 Hz / 8.300 HP = 6.100 kW) reaches a top speed of 230 km/h = 145 mph. The funny thing is that she is styled by Pininfarina, so she's almost a Ferrari on rails. :D

Ron

Attachments

• sbb re460.jpg
    sbb re460.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 80

RailRon

Here is the jazziest passenger train at the moment in Switzerland, the ICN ('InterCity Neigezug' = Intercity tilting train) .
The composition leans into the curve and is planned to run up to 125mph on a new rail line which is under construction between Berne, the Capital of Switzerland, and Zurich. Meanwhile this train runs on the old main line between Zurich and Geneva with 'only' 100 mph - and I assure you, it's fun to ride on! :) :cool: :)

Ron

Attachments

• sbb icn.jpg
    sbb icn.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 78

RailRon

And the last pic - just to show that even the Swiss Federal Railways have some diesel engines.

Here is a Bm 6/6, a diesel electric with two (!) diesel engines and six powered axles (--> '6/6'). 'B' stands for top speed 75 km/h = 45 mph, 'm' for 'motor' (combustion engine). It's quite an oldie , built in the late 1950's. Today she is still used for switching and emergency services.

This one is standing near the engine house of Olten. In the vicinity is a 5 mile long tunnel, so she is assigned to the tunnel rescue and fire fighting train in the background. If you look closely, you see a yellow placard with a black arrow at the front railing. This serves as a warning that the engine is connected to a power cord. Her engines are always electrically heated, so that she will start under any circumstance. We only hope that she'll be never used in earnest. :eek:

Ron

Attachments

• bm6-6 schräg vorn.jpg
    bm6-6 schräg vorn.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 69

DanRaitz

BDC,

Actually the SPSF would have been in the 'S', for "Southern Pacific Santa Fe" or as some of us call it "Souldn't Paint So Fast":D

Dan

BDC

Dan,

That's the nice thing about running a model railroad - you can do whatever you want, even change history to suit your tastes. In my little universe, that merger actually happened, although I've only got a few units painted right now.

Attachments

• runaround.jpg
    runaround.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 132

BDC

And my nomination for 'T' is the Texas & NorthEastern.

Attachments

• tner 3862.jpg
    tner 3862.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 125

DanRaitz

Here's another 'T', its the Texas Oklahoma & Eastern. This shot was taken at DeQueen, Arkansas in June '92

Attachments

• to&e.jpg
    to&e.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 124

DanRaitz

And another 'T', the Twin Cities & Western. Photo taken at Daytons Bluff, St. Paul, MN

Attachments

• tcw.jpg
    tcw.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 118

RailRon

Thank you Dan, for posting a pic of the real TC&W RR.

Funny thing is that the name of MY fictional TC&W is almost 30 years old. Only when I opened my TC&W website in 2000 I got two or three e-mails telling me that there was a REAL TC&W in Minnesota. :cool:

Even funnier is the fact that I had created my logo (you see it at the left) without knowing that the real TC&W almost had the same idea. From time to time I visit the excellent website of the real TC&W and enjoy what's new at the big sister of my model RR. :D :D :D

Live long and prosper, TC&W! :)

Ron

RailRon

Already a legend in her time was the Uintah Railway Co., a 3ft narrow gauge line up from Mack CO to Watson UT.

The URy was famous for steep grades (8%), extremely tight curves (66°), and her two 2-6-6-2T articulateds. Here #51 gets a drink at Dragon UT.

(Both articulateds ended up at the Sumpter Valley Ry, where they got a tender and the numbers 250 & 251. Does 'sumpter250' sound familiar to somebody out in Gaugeland? :D )

Ron

(Foto from Henry E. Bender's book 'Uintah Railway)

Attachments

• uintahry 2-6-6-2t #51.jpg
    uintahry 2-6-6-2t #51.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 85

Peirce

Been waiting a long time for us to get down to the "Vs," so I could post one of my favorite paint jobs on an F unit. This is the Verde Canyon Railroad.

003_VERDE_CANYON_RAILROAD-vi.jpg

BDC

Moving back to 'U' for a second, this is a DD40AX Centennial belonging to Uncle Pete (Union Pacific), #6911 and a sister unit in action. The DD40AX was built specially for the U.P. 6936 is the only Centennial still in active service today.

Attachments

• up 6911.jpg
    up 6911.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 81