Where did it go???

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by DanRaitz, May 10, 2003.

1. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

A to Z (con't) aka: Where did it go???

What happened to my thread "A to Z"?

2. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I think...

we crapped out the server!:confused::D :D :D

I tried posting an "N"- NG (no good)- bummer!

NJ Dot- in "Disco" colors. An ex-Reading FP-7 (my favorite loco, railroad- the RDG that is, next to the GG-1 and several other hundreds tied for 1st place...)

Attached Files:

3. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Take two- they're small.

Coming and going.

My first encounter with a Reading FP-7 was when I was knee-high to my mommy. I was on the apron of thew Wissahickon Station in Philly. I turned to my left and this behemoth loco raced past me- seemingly inches away- I fell back against my mom's skirt, clutched her leg and practically pooped my pants (I was maybe 5). It was the "push-pull") heading into center city.

I am fond of that early memory- the pic above is close excepting the distance and colors. My first close shave.

Happy Mother's Day mom!

Attached Files:

4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

I couldn't find it either, even with the search. I send a E Mail to Shamus and asked if he could find it and put a sticky on it. to keep it on the current page
  5. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

'course, back to the "m"s

Here's a Metro North RDC going thru foreign territory in Suffern, NY.

Attached Files:

6. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

i wasn't quite done with the "m"s yet...

Thank you very much. The Management!

Attached Files:

7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I know what you mean Dan...
    I had a thread in the N/Z forum where I was posting updates on My Poor Fork Mining layout, & apparently it's gone too...oh well...ce' la vie...$#@% computers! :( :rolleyes: :(
  8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Yeah Charlie, your's is gone too! :( :eek: :mad: Wonder what happened (somebody hacking?).
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

It's wierd, I had just posted a couple of updates this morning, & then started having all this trouble opening forums & posting...I must've killed it myself, by bringing back to the top again...?:confused:
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Guys,
    Not got a damn clue where this A to Z thread went to, nobody but myself or Dave Hagan can delete from Photography. I didn't do it and I am sure Dave didn't. So ???

11. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Hi guys, we had to run a diagnostic tool to repair errors in the database. Unfortunately this tool deletes any thread that it deems corrupt, so we've lost a number of threads.

We're really sorry to lose some great threads but it was done only after all other avenues were explored.

Dave Hagan
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

No problem, Dave!
    I kinda miss having that thread, but I do have all the pics on disc, & besides, the thing had been around for quite a while, & was taking up a lot of space that can now be used for new things.
    It was a small price to pay for the good of the forum!

And it was "corrupt", you say...?
    Gosh, don't tell my Mom!:D
    Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!
    And to all the Moms! :)
  13. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

What's gone is gone!:(

At least we can continue from here if I remember correctly we were at 'O'. Heres a couple of 'P' shots. This first one is of the Prescott & Northwestern at Prescott, Arkansas.

Attached Files:

• p&n.jpg
      File size:
      59 KB
  14. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Here is my other 'P'. It is Pacififc Electric #717. This unit is currently living at the Orange Empire Railroad Museum in Perris, CA.

Attached Files:

15. BDC

BDC Member

Well, the only 'Q' railroad I could find was this shot of the Quincy Bay. I had never even heard of this RR until I saw this picture.

Attached Files:

16. BDC

BDC Member

RImike will probably hate me for beating him to 'R', but Rock Island locomotives sure can look nice.

Attached Files:

17. BDC

BDC Member

And the ever-impressive #652

Attached Files:

18. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Here's my contribution to the letter 'R'.
    It's the Roaring Camp & Big Trees RR in Felton, CA. Theres nothing like a narrowgauge SHAY:D

Attached Files:

19. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

heres the going away shot

Attached Files:

20. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Ok, so we're going on 'A' to 'Z' on another thread! :) :) :)

Still for 'R': Here is one more nice electric narrow gauge oldie from Switzerland.

She belongs to the 'RhB', the Rhaetian Railways (Rhätische Bahn) - a widespread meter gauge net in the Eastern Alps of Switzerland (serving famous St. Moritz - yep, the town which hosted the 2003 ski world championships.)

This is a 'Ge 6/6' - 'G' means Narrow gauge, 'e' = electric, and '6/6' = six powered axles of six total. It's quite obvious why this loco is known as the 'Rhaetian Crocodile'. She's restored and used on railfan trains. Here she's pictured with a beautifully restored Salon car in CIWL colors.

Attached Files: