Where can I find replacement stickers for an old train?

kd4kac

Jan 6, 2006
Concord, NC
Hi everyone. 1st post. Just getting interested in trains again. Im 32 and haven't thought much of them in years until my son, whos 4, started playing with them.

I got my old O Gauge Lionels out of the attic the other day and they still work fine. The only problem I have is that on my old Santa Fe locomotive , probably from from the late 70s I guess, the front decal on the engine that says "Santa Fe" has cracked and is peeling. Everything else on the train looks perfect.

Can anyone recommend a source for replacement decals/parts?

Love the board here. Thanks.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Kd4kac,

Welcome to The Gauge!

You may be able to repair the decal with some decal solution rather than replacing it. The solution will soften it, possibly allowing you to re-attach it.

Good luck!

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, welcome to the Gauge. You don't say where you are, but you might have a local hobby or train shop that has decal sets. If you can't fix yours, you should be able to find what you're looking for either locally or on the net.

kd4kac

Jan 6, 2006
Concord, NC
I guess I could go ask around at some hobby stores. I didn't know if there was a good website that sold repair items for model trains or not.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Your Lionel set is probably O guage or more likely O-27. I think Microscale makes a Santa Fe decal set in O guage. www.microscale.com I checked the site, click on "product catalog" and enter your scale "O" and go to Santa Fe. If it is a freight f unit, you would need decal sheet number 48-313. If it is a red and silver passenger diesel, you would need sheet # 48-43.