Where can I find CV values

Nick8564

Im trying to find out if all CV values are the same. I thoguht they were if they fit under the NMRA standards. If so is there a place to find thm all. Im trying to consist a Digitrax and a MRC decoder together. The digitrax will take off and spin wheels until the MRC locomotive cathes up. Any help??

Nick8564

Both decoders support advance consisting, and I set CV22 and 21 to 255. What do you set CV19 to. When I put the two locomotives into a consist they don't use the same functions.

Nick8564

Yeah its the syncronized diesel ho decoder. Its the one that came out right before the Brilliance series. It says it has advance consisting, but no luck. I set CV19 to 10 and CV21 and 22 to 255. The digitrax locomotive reacts to the address set in CV19, but the MRC sound decoder locomotive just sits there.

b28_82

it's most likely because they are two different manufacturers of decoders. Certain CVs are the same across the board but there are certain CVs that are different depending upon the manufacturer. I would get the MRC and the Digitrax manuals and put them side by side to see which CVs match up and which ones dont.

Also you might need to do a speed table for one decoder or the other to get them to match up
Jake