biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Keep it on the rails;
Sir Prize

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I too have been working on my layout and I can almost visualize what it will look like when I get all the track laid. Today I just completed putting the foam base then cork roadbed and the next 26 feet. I painted the track so it will be ready to lay tomorrow. I also installed lights for this section. Sure keeps one busy and on weekends when NASCAR is in action, I set up a TV table and work on a structure or make trees. Hardly any time left for the good old PC. Every so often I run my NARA train on the section completed. The train takes 8 minutes at a scale 40mph to go from end to end on track that I have laid so far. The MAT and GVR GP40-2 locos pull a 30 car freight and really grind up the 2% grade through the mountains. That along with my background tapes from Green Frog gives a great atmosphere. Who wants to be anywhere else!!
biggrin.gif

C

Catt

Ok where the heck are all the Nscalers hiding?Am I the only one on this forum??? Sure is getting lonely here all by myself.

------------------
Catt! NARA#1 & A freelancer for life

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Hi Catt,
Sorry, I/ve been distracted with my new HO Loco. and spending too much time at the club layout..I'm still mentally workin' on th N layout, but figuring out where to put the bed and dressers so I can start building is a problem
biggrin.gif
I think I'll get back to the first order of business...my miniature Allegheny and Blue Ridge Mountains (+railroad of course)pretty soon...got all I need to put it together...at least the first phase, e4xcept for a bit more lumber and hardware for the bench work. As questions pop up, you can be sure you'll see plenty of posts here, and plenty of questions for you!!!
Bye for now,
Virginian

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey Catt,
Like Virginian, I've been doing a little "switch-hitting" in the HO world.
I got some news yesterday though. One of my daughters is having some troubles, & she informed my wife that she may need to stay here "for a couple of weeks", until she can get things straightened out.
Well, this has put a big crimp in the HOn3 layout in the spare bedroom.
So it looks like I'm going to concentrating real hard on that N scale layout in the workshop.(thanks again everybody for encouraging me to start that)
But anyway, I'll try to get over here more often Catt.
This is going to be heavy-industrial-urban, circa 1960. Virginian should like this, because my motive power is 2 N&W diesels, (GP7, & SW9) with one FA-2 lettered for the L&N.