When N gauge seems huge

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Model Railroading' started by Matthyro, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

I have been laying 3ft. narrow gauge track for my logging area (Nn3 z scale) Going back to working with N gauge track has been really interesting because it no longer seems small to me. Much easier to work with. Who would have thunk it EH!

Attached Files:

• rt.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
  2. sams

sams Member

thats interesting...i guess its all "relative" ;)
    btw, is that z scale track in the background? and n scale in the foreground?
    is the z track marklin?
    what code are both the tracks?
  3. dhutch

dhutch Member

yeah i did the same with 00 Vs N, at school we had a 00 layout, then one chrismas i got a n-gauge layout, and when i went back to 00 is was HUGE!!! - laying 00 is so much less faf, the trains will just drive of a 3foot gap like its not even there, compaired to N gauge locos!!
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Robin try working on the Lionel Museum's 25 by 45 foot O gauge layout then going home and working on your 1 by 2 foot micro n-scale layout! :D :D :D
  5. Matthyro

Sams, it's Peco streamline Z gauge SL-200 nickel silver track.
    The N gauge track is Atlas code 80.
    Tyson, if I had my way I would love to have an O scale layout if I had the space and money. Use it as narrow scale for G scale. Wouln't that be a blast.
  6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is really neat Robin. Looks Good :thumb: :thumb:
  7. neilmunck

neilmunck Member

Hey, Robin. What are you going to do for locos and rolling stock? When are we going to see that?

8. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Robin, I have decided that at the two "Junctions" on my layout, I will run Z Scale across the module. I won't have it powered, just there for show, but I will put some freight cars at near the Junction stations.
  9. Matthyro

Neil, I am waiting for an order to arrive with some Nn3 trucks and a loco to bash to make it look like the Shay Tyson built. Unfortunately my order seems to be lost in cyberworld. I hesitate re-ordering incase the first order shows up. I have sent e-mails but have not had any responses. The pains of on-line ordering eh!
  10. Will_annand

Looking good, Robin.

Shay Tyson, sounds French to me. :D
  11. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Robin that was a Class A Climax I built. I wish I was talented enough to build a Shay in N-scale! :D
  12. Matthyro

OK I stand corrected Tyson but a Class A Climax would be more than welcome.
  13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Robin - good to see someone doing Nn3! Now if you really want G, you could do Gn15 in your space :D On15 you could keep you track plan :D Ahhhhh, so many options :D I'm sure you will amaze us with the Nn3 layout!
  14. Matthyro

Thanks Jon but as I am commited to N I guess my narrow gauge is Nn3. Now if I was starting over!!!!!
  15. Will_annand

If you want to start over, you could donate your buildings to the Credit Valley Railway Building Orphanage. :D I would take good care of them for you.
  16. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I guess I'll have to start getting some Nn3 work done on the shipyard module now. I will be interested in what power you end up with.