When life gets in the way...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Stev0, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have suffered seatbelt rash as well, didn't feel this until a couple of days after my crash, as my leg (shin) was broke in 3 places and had a bump on my forehead after headbutting the windscreen. Even though this happened 19 years ago I still remember everything that happened.
    It's good to hear that you are ok.
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I worked with a guy who had a Norton Commando in his possession that was crashed with considerable damage to the front and 19miles on the odometer. He restored it and currently it sits in storage out west with his other bikes. His special edition BMW bike which I cannot exactly remember the stats on is sitting in a province storage in an eastcoast province and the last time I chatted with him he is now living in China teaching english. =X He's quite the adventurer.

All I can remember about his bikes is the Norton and how new it was despite it's old age. I am sure he put alot into it.
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Here is a copy/paste of my car forum thread... thought I would spare you all the language and remarks of the forum. :grin:

That morning I was really distressed to almost the breaking point. I want to apologize again to Bad_Scorpion for sending him a message that I should not of sent to anyone even people who I hang around and know me... especially now in afterthought with a clear head.

I would have to say that I would NOT restore the vehicle even if the insurance paid for everything which it won't. I doubt I will see any recoup of losses on the car. I had to pay for towing and the business that towed it was in fact quite friendly and simpathetic to the situation and not only waved storage fees but even offered some kind of discount to haul it back home for me. Now THAT is not just service ... that is caring about a customer.

All in all my outlook on the car is ... I have a great parts car for my other car, an 88' of the same. I could have bought another one Saturday at an auction but decided to pass after looking it all over and letting it go when it went slightly over what I felt was a reasonable price. I am without transport to get around for finding work, errands and just the freedom of being able to go where I want. At least I can stand up and walk out the front door and also have a 1:1 scale model to work on this summer. The local transit system is horrible (Bluenoser can confirm that too) so I have no qualms using it.

The last week I have been in a 'suspended' state somewhat. There is a lot of things I am going through over the last few months which I have been working on (unfortunately nothing paper model related), the accident was a small slice of that.

Just yesterday I lost my best 'lil' friend, I had to take her to the vet as she was so ill and I before I left the house I knew what would be the result of taking her.

After all the crap that has been dumped on me I was able to stand and face it, learn from what happened, made peace with it, smile and know tomorrow is another day. Having not done a thing to help this friend who had been with me for 10 years and always was there for me in bad times, even taking care of me as if I was her big kitten has made me feel like I did'nt care and I failed to pay her back on that. When I could take no more of knowing she was not getting better but just suffering, I made the choice and I did it with the hope that she like any other animal does not judge. I made the choice to not put her through operations that would give her more stress or pain to 'try' to save her so I informed them to have her put down for her own peace and not mine.

I do have another furry little friend who is a little bit older than that Avatar you see in the upper corner. He's quite a handfull at times. When he isn't chewing up my socks, new shoelace ends or sitting next to me constantly demanding/begging attention. He is sleeping on my bed in a certain same spot where another curled up at one time. The best thing about him is you can pick him up and cradle him in your arms and immediately he will snuggle his head on your shoulder like a sook. I have been doing that a lot lately with him. It's a non-medicinal, non-alcoholic, non-drug way of soothing practically any pain and it's the best addiction ever.

So hopefully the reminders of that weekend will go away since I have been eating Advil pain relief pills like they were peanuts. The last 3 days I have turned some interesting colors in spots I didnt think a human being could produce. I don't think it's appropriate to show those pics on the internet though. :-D

So when everything settles down, I'll quit whining and get on track.

I want to make some damn fine paper models, especially the ones created by great fans who give them for free, now that I upgraded to a better camera phone [​IMG]. :-D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.