When life gets in the way...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Stev0, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

..you should either steer around it or if it has pedestrians where you change direction. Turn back and hit it instead so you can live your life without regret...

I USED to have a Cutlass Supreme.

Sorry to some folks here who were expecting stuff from me over the weekend. I feel worse that I didnt get things done more than the car I searched 5+ years to buy and 3+ years to restore. Its just a thing to me ... not a life.

At least Cardmodeling is Life though. :-D [​IMG]
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

Praise be that your ok. Having been the one smacking things, I can understand you not getting any building done. I know it makes you sore.
    But, I am sure glad your with us.

3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Oh No!

Hope you're physically ok. Is the Cutlass a complete total?
    It's a pity when one of the joys in your life comes to a sad end.
    Much bereavement from this end.

4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Oh No!

5. Kaz

Kaz Member

Sincerely hope you're a'll OK
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Ouch...I lost it on a wet road once and my Spitfire ate a bridge railing. I feel your pain, but as my wife (aka "She who must be obeyed") said, "It's only sheetmetal." Main thing is you are ok.
  7. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Glad you are OK. Things will get better....

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm suffering from the usual seatbelt rash and assorted jostling. I'm just happy to have not hurt anyone or even worse run over and kill someone. I wrote a thread about it in the car forum I am a member of several hours afterwards in which Canadian Club was applied to my nerves, perscribed by Dr. B.R. Tender.
    I calmed down and could get some sleep.

Well ... Production Numbers for the 93' Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coup International Edition just got cut down from 750 to 749. Maybe later I will search around to see if I can at least find of the others in mint condition for sale. I'm sure the people that night I didnt run over wont mind.

A friend saw the article and read me the part of how (after finding out there was no one injured) I jokingly yelled at the firefighters telling them not to scratch my paint as they pryed up the hood to cut the battery cable. He said tell me that isnt really you. :D
  9. David H

David H Member

Hey be cool.

At least you have the weather to blame.

A couple of years back I wrote-off a very nearly new sports car at 20mph on a fine sunny day with no other traffic to blame... Still can't figure it!

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Definitely a harrowing experience!
    I'm sure glad you are still with us!

A heavy toll to pay and I feel your loss, yet life is still priceless!

Why don't we design/build a model of it?
    Sounds like good therapy and a well deserved tribute to me.
    What do you think?
    I am a Buick fan myself and have fond memories of my Park Avenue which I totaled in a gully, one dark, rainy evening.

11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Ok...true confessions time, who here has written off, or at least taken his restoration skills to the limit on the results of a crash?

Moi, twice. First time a Norton (write off) second time an 80 Spitfire1500 ( mega bucks and litres of sweat).
  12. cjd

cjd Member

The only car I've written off was a Scorpio, which was brought from necessity. I miss my BMW which just died (sniff)

13. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I'm just glad you're alright...my niece got into an accident this weekend on her way to California, got blown off the road by a 54 mph gust in a storm and rolled down the enbankment...she totalled her car as well, but thankfully a passing trucker stopped and pulled her from the vehicle. Very lucky...she only suffered a few bruises, just like you.

I'm very thankful both of you weren't seriously hurt!

Rest easy, mate, rest easy....

14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I am working on a script which will lead to a story board and then a video how I saw everything. I'm replacing live action with digital models animated on what I percieved at the time. I also JUST happen to find a highway camera of the site too.

http://www.gov.ns.ca/tran/cameras/camdetails.asp?id=Mt Thom

As I type it's pitch black. When the temp dips below freezing there it is always bad there. As it was night and a gentle slope I had no idea what I was up against until it was too late.

As for a paper model. I am looking not only to get back to this but having it for a porfolio. I can reuse it but changing the textures and making a hardtop to resemble this...

I think I may have already posted about this ... I was planning to create the whole GM W-Body Series. The Buick Regal was on the list. I like it as well. W-platform is almost dead anyway now that GM is moving to the Zeta platform used on the new Camaro... left overs from W-bodies will wind up there.
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oh yeah! She's a beauty! I like the Regals as well. In fact, that was what I had started with before I bought the Park Avenue.
    Now that the PA has met it's demise I am driving a very nice LeSabre.

I remember you asking about the W Body series a while back, now that you mention it.
    I definitely enjoy the fascination with this body style as well. As they say, "they don't make them like that anymore"!

I look forward to seeing any progress that you make on this project and will definitely love to build one if you make it available somehow!

16. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Hey StevO, glad to hear that you came away from this in one piece, unlike the car. Are you going to try and retain the wreckage for parts (assuming there are still some good parts on it).
  17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah StevO........... tough break on the car............. great break you came through it ok.

People always say that there are silver linings to every problem.............. most of those people never lost a dream car:cry:

18. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

:shock: Scary stuff, SteveO:shock: . I'm really glad you came through it OK. So many people don't...

I noticed you said you had seatbelt rash so you were wearing yours. Good for you!!!8) 8)

19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Wow, I'm glad too that you are OK and still roaring the forums. I felt you as I remember my 1967 Mustang crash here. 15 years ago, and it still hurts.

We say here that after one of these, you were "born again".
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hell yes. I think I am born again.

When the ouchies are gone I plan on hitting the ground running. :D

Thanks for the moral support fellow PaparianArtists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.