when a rail is lose

here is a cople if shots i took this happend when a east bound train was runn at 30 mph and it hit a lose rail

Attachments

• ns river 1.jpg
    ns river 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 238

brakie

You should see what happens when a NS train hits a coal bucket.
No doubt about it,that is one big mess they had there with that loose rail.

yes it was a big mess it took the three weeks to get the three locos back to the yard tow out of the three was back on the rail running 4 months later and the other was back on the rail and running 18 months later and they have the same road numbers

roryglasgow

Yeah, they do look toyish like that. I kinda expected to see "Atlas" or "Kato" stamped on the bottom of one...

Was anyone hurt?

just bimps and bruses the loco that has it's cab damaged was the 2nd loco faceing backwards this was a dead head train returning empty coal cars their wea over 150 of them i myself worked for norfolk and southern i was on a west bound train about 3 miles down the track on a siding waiting for this one to pass but it never did...

RailRon

On the third pic it seems that lots of oil or fuel are seeping out into the river.
Did they have any environment problems afterwards (dying fish...)?

Looks like Jon's gandydancers really have been slacking.

Musta been real scary when the engineer realised it was going over!!:eek: :eek: :eek: It's enough to make one take up drinking. I guess it took a total strip-down on the one that took 18 months to get back into operation.

Errol

<bangs head on wall> Damn, I said NorthFolk instead of saying Norfolk! :rolleyes:

I'd hate to be the one that went into the river, by the looks of it I'd say he'd freeze his ( | ) off! Why didn't they inspect the tracks? I thought they had to do that every week or so to maintain the tracks.