Wheel sets and other forms of punishment

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Bob Morris, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Bob Morris

Bob Morris Member

Well my saga of re-entry into N guage continues. I found Atlas low profile metal 33" wheels to convert my older trucks. Unfortunately they don't seem to work in Micro Trains trucks, as they bind. Is there a semi-painless solution to this or will I have to use the plastic low profile MT wheels instead? I'd really prefer metal for the reduced track cleaning.

2. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Member

Atlas also makes a metal wheelset for MT trucks, its Part #22133

Feather River Trains - Atlas wheelsets

In the meantime, you can either save the metal wheelsets you've already purchased for future Atlas cars, or send me a few as a thank you. :thumb:

(How do I know about the Atlas wheels? 'Cause my LHS got a bunch in, and darned if they DIDN'T get the MT ones! grrrr....)
  3. Bob Morris

Bob Morris Member

Thank you! Ah what I do for code 55 :) By the way my Atlas E-L GP7's arrived (one a torpedo tube, the other w/o) and they run SUPER smooth. The hand rail detail is awesome. I'm impressed with how far N guage has come in the last 20 years!

4. Blake

Blake Member

It is quite amazing how great N scale equipment has become. Locos run well, pull well and look great!
  5. Bob Morris

Bob Morris Member

Feather River was out of stock (as was the local HS and two other web dealers). However, for those interested, www.discounttrainsonline.com has them in quantity. So, eventually all my rolling stock will have metal wheels. Kind of surprising how difficult it's been to track down what's needed. Thanks for all the help here!