Whats your next goal?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Sep 20, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hope you guys dont mind the polls :D

my next goal is to build one exceptional model. (at least in my mind)

If your goal isnt listed please choose other and post it!
  2. Kaz

Kaz Member

Same here. Maybe in about three years I will be happy with my models
  3. 4x4paper

4x4paper Member

Well I would like to design an exeptional model then build it!!!!:grin:
  4. Artie Bob

Artie Bob Member

To introduce more younger people to modeling

As I go to meetings of all kinds of modeling, paper, plastic, etc., it appears the average age of the participants is getting older and older. In my humble opinion, modeling has much to offer in really understanding a number of things that are useful, besides creating tools for geriatic children. One of my goals is to introduce more young people to modeling and I believe that paper modeling, with it's accessibility, tremendous range of subject matter, minimal tool requirements and reasonable (cheap!) cost is a great place to start. My current plan is to set up a table at the next public model event I attend and have scissors, glue and a stack of one page models of simple design, so that one could walk away holding a completed model. I also plan a to give them a second model and handout with information including websites. It seems important to me to try and interest children growing up in more hands on, goal oriented fun, that teaches them a wide range of skills.

Best regards,

Artie Bob
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I wish I had some kind of club to get involved with here in wisconsin. You would think with everyone being cooped up all winter there would be tons. I am going to ask the local library if I can set up a display after I get a few models built up (in about 3 years at this rate)

excellent idea 4x4 :)
  6. 4x4paper

4x4paper Member

Well welcome to the computer age:(
    As far as kids both mine build papermodels but all their friends rather watch TV
    or play video games:cry:
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Well, I chose other because my sorta kinda goal is to actually build the stack of models that I have already printed out and/or bought. It could have been the complete a collection of models choice too, I guess, since the stack of unbuilt models is collecting more each month. The models have no particular theme besides being unbuilt. There are aircraft, ships, buildings, manga, cartoon characters, cars, military vehicles, etc..... You know, the usual suspects.:roll: :grin:
  8. my goal is to finish a project i started a few years ago
    a 1/5 scale caterham/locost card/paper model.....i am restarting the project shortly .. current progress ..building chassis ...
  9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hmm...let me think (uh oh!)... Every model I build is exceptional, to me. The fact that I can even build one blows me away. Most of my favorite models do not have instructions.... Probably the same day I decide that picture of the week does not matter to me, I will see my model there.... I'm nearly approaching 100 builds.... I designed a model or two.... I repainted a model or two.... I would love to build all my Micromodels.... I once knew a man who claimed he had SIXTY SIX full CD's of models...no way I could ever top that!.... Goals are better for me than wandering aimlessly.... I really do like all my fingers... My vote was other, TO HAVE FUN with NO rules.
  10. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

ANY model I might ever complete would be an exceptional build for me. I have trouble seeing detail due to a stroke. Design and/or repaint ... maybe, I like all 7(?) of my fingers, trouble seeing detail remember. Sixty-six CD's? Wow! The best part about this hobby for me is that I can enjoy it vicariously through the great work of others.
  11. goney3

goney3 Member

My current plans are to design and build models of elements that are in the video game "Neverwinter Nights 2" when it is scheduled to come out later next month... it was supposed to be released back in July, so I am patiently waiting.

*bites nails*
  12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Other: Spread Paper Modeling Hobby in the Area

Me, just like Artie Bob. You got it man!! There's one poem in Mexico that says "Walker, there is no walk way... you make one as you walk". :roll:

I would like to go that way too. But I have some means to do it:
    a modelers club just across the border (they liked the idea to have a paper modeler among them),
    a local museum (that wants to be a Science museum in the future),
    two hobby stores (also on the other side of the border)
    and my kids (7 & 4 yrs).

I'm going to steal your ideas, though, Artie Bob (maybe I'll have to pay you royalties :-D ).
  13. cjd

cjd Member

(One) of my ambitions is to design models, especially to do with 2000ad - Lawgiver, Lawmaster, Manta Tank etc. - hopefully I'll do it one day!
  14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

To finally finish my model of the Saturn SA-5...

I'm getting bald spots from tearing my hair out! 8)
  15. barry

barry Active Member

To build just one and think there are no mistakes in that..............won't happen
  16. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well I confess that from the moment I found this website I wanted one of my models in pic of the week and I got that now I want to design an exceptional model that someone else will build and get pic of the week with.
  17. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I'm going to publish a science-fiction novel, so I'm trying to draw attention to my fictional world by building models of things in the novel. Unfortunetly, my gallery proposal for an art show fell though, so I don't know how I'm going to draw attention. I'm on the lookout for gallery space.
    In the mean time, I'm designing a model of a non-fictional boat. My goal is see if someone else can following my directions. It will be awhile before I start asking for volunteers(victims) on whom to test my instructions.

18. Darwin

Darwin Member

My next goal is to design a 1:200 scale Yumal icebreaker.
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

looks like we have lots of budding designers out there! If someone wants to try this as a first (or second or third etc) My dad would appreciate it! It would make an awesome xmas gift - its his first car..... 56 ford :D here is a pic - but he had the cheap model without the tire on the back I do believe.

Attached Files:

20. possm_23

possm_23 Member

hmmmmmmm.....my first car was 56 Ford also....my brother gave it to me....had a busted rod....lol