What's wrong with Trains.com??

Mountain Man

OK - I got on, but please pardon me for saying I am not at all impressed. Is there some particular section of great interest to modellers?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I couldn't tell ya'. To check the link is the first time I've ever been there and that was only for about 5 seconds.:mrgreen:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Works fine for me too. I'd also check your browser, you may have the site on your black list, or your ad blocker may be blocking it.

logicman

Greybeard
Interesting.

Like so many magazines, their 'news' is about 3-4 months out of date,
and supplied by an advertiser. :mrgreen:

February 15, 2008 - M.T.H. Electric Trains is pleased to announce that the third steam locomotive in the company’s HO product line will be a Southern Pacific Gs4 Northern steam locomotive.

Nice SP Gs4 picture, though. :rolleyes:

:wave:

Mountain Man

Not being a psychologist, I can only make a guess at the answer to your intriguing question about life on the web:

42?
:mrgreen:

"Panic"? All I saw was exasperation and possibly the expectation that an open membership site should actually work the way it was intended. :confused:

logicman

Greybeard
Perhaps 'panic' is too strong a word.
However, look back at when zealot went down for a while -
instant withdrawal symptoms and the shakes,
requiring the urgent remedial action of sending thousands of
emails to the web-server asking why the site was down.
And that was just me.

I was thinking of
":wave:DON'T PANIC:wave:"

hence:

PrairieTrains

I never imagined my plight would generate such a conversation! For others that might be looking for a cure --- the problem was Navigator (no longer supported) and the Beta Version of Mozilla Firefox. Now that a Stable version 3 of Firefox is out (and I installed it) Trains.com comes up fine. Thanks for your help. It was my browser(s) causing the problem!

train1

Sorry for using the word 'panic' and panicking everyone. I certainly didn't want to cause any uneccessary 'pandalerium'

Mountain Man

I don't "panic"; I become terminally grumpy. :mrgreen:

I have briefly visited traians.com three times now, and have yet to find anything of interest. It seems more of a site for subscribers of specific publications than an open general forum such as this one.