What's wrong with Arizona?

jflessne

May 10, 2006
Hot Arizona
www.azlivewire.com
So I started looking for a new club here in Arizona. Near me in the east valley would be great. I can't find one. What's worse is I only find 10 or so clubs in the state of Arizona. That can't be right?????

I figure since basements are non existent here I might find more clubs. Nope.

Why aren't we more like California. Do Californians have basements? I think I counted like 30 or so clubs? i realize Arizona has a lot of temporary visitors. (I call them something else.)

But geez we are lacking in the club area.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
You are right, there aren't many basements here, I'd take a guess and say maybe no more than 1 or 2 percent of homes built here have basements. There's good reason, we don't need them. We don't have to find a place for a big furnace and oil tank, there's no need to expose water and waste pipes to fix them in case they freeze, nor do we need to dig down below the frost line to pour footings. Besides, it's a lot cheaper. The same goes for attics. Can you imagine going up in an attic when it's 110 outside? An as far as I know, most houses in California are like ours here, no basements, no attic space to speak of.

As for clubs, there's probably any number of them, you just got to go find them. Many of them are "floating", they go from one house to another, meaning that everyone has to have their own layout.

I see where you're going to go to the train swap meet next week, that's good start. You can ask around, there's going to be a lot of train people there and you're sure to find someone that knows of a club out in the east valley. I'd go to Roy's Train World on Country Club Dr. and ask there, I'll bet someone there will know.