What's up, y'all?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rusty Machete, May 16, 2014.

1. Rusty Machete

Rusty Machete New Member

I'm Rusty Machete, a security guard for an undiscosed company with too many hours spent on political forums. About two months ago, I discovered a star wars origami book at a craft shop my wife dragged me to, and when I looked into it on the web, I found a plethora of papercrafts. At first, I was shocked that these models were all paper, but more than delighted, since plastic model kits are way out of my salary range, and I used to model as a boy (I've actually got about half the guys on my shift into this, too)

Anyway, I'm glad to be on the forums with other enthusiasts who can help with the certain peculiarities which come with bending, folding, cutting, and pasting papers. I'll keep my questions in till I find the right forum (I've read a lot of forums with cranky members from reading questions in the wrong area. I'll save you that hassle!;)

So, to keep from rambling on too much, My two most recent models were the Millenium Falcon by Thunderchild (you know, the tiny one?) and the Charisma bobblehead by BlueDragon, on actionpapercrafts. I'm having some trouble with the head/hair parts, but that's part of the fun!

See you in the forums
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Hello and welcome to Zealot!!!
    You have come to the right place for Star Wars (and all things SCI-FI). We have many members (myself included) who are into SCI-FI as a whole. So you should feel right at home here.;)
    As for asking questions (even if they are in the wrong forum or section), do not worry about it. If you make a mistake, and make a post in the wrong forum or section, a moderator or site admin staff will move it to the right place and end of story. You will not be harassed about such (maybe (friendly) teased about such though ;)).
    This is a place where like minded people come together to share thoughts, ideas, information, tips & techniques, as well as help to promote this WONDERFUL hobby as a whole and to help and encourage those who are new to it succeed.
    So by all means, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Please post photos of your work!!!

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
  3. Rusty Machete

Rusty Machete New Member

Thanks a lot for the welcome! This is really a cool forum. I've already gone over tons of stuff that's been helpful, only now I have a desire for that Cameo Silhouette device *nerds!*

I look forward to participating in discussussions.

4. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

I think you will like it here. he people are friendly and helpful. We don't like or tolerate anyoene harassing anyone else. That is the way the embers want it. You can have your kids looking over yor shoulder and not worry. Welcome aboard! :)
  5. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

man you have com the right p! post some pics of your stuff and welcome!
  6. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

welcome to the club!
  7. Rusty Machete

Rusty Machete New Member

mini-falcon.jpg Thanks everyone, this site is quite a resource. I hope to be able to contribute soon. This was one of my first downlaods, but I only built it last week. On regular copy paper.