What's the diff. between Rustler & Stampede?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tekcor1, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekcor1

tekcor1 New Member

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Traxxas Rustler and Stampede, and is one better than the other? Also, are most of the parts interchangeable with each other?

Thanks.
    Paul
  2. pike

pike Member

difference is ground clearance. and stamped has weaker engine .15 instead of the 2.5. if your talkin electric probably the only real difference is ground clearence

i'd wait for another reply from someone who knows for sure
  3. tekcor1

tekcor1 New Member

Sorry, should have clarified. I'm talking about electric. Thanks.
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

only differences are the rustler is a stadium truck, faster. and the stampede is a monster truck, slower.
  5. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Bandit1, do you have a bandit? lol
  6. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

How do you like it?
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

LOL...no i dont, but after I found that my sceenname was an rc buggy, I almost changed it. I got the name from the movie Smokey and the Bandit. The one came form the bandits licence plate # which was "BAN-01". so thats where i got the idea for my name, and again, no I dont have the BAndit( R/C ) although Id take one if I had the extra money!
  8. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Hahaha...good story
  9. tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe New Member

The rusty and the pede are somewhat the same in many ways. I have the pede with many upgrades. My brother on the other hand has a rusty. both are fun to play with, but it is very true the pede has much more ground clearance.other then the frame the trucks are about the same whereas the rusty is built off a buggy frame the pede is built off a truck frame. Because of the clearance I can get about 4 foot in the air off a jump and not bottom out where my brother jumps anything and scrapes frame. speed? well my pede is as fast if not faster then my bestfriends Tmaxx. but I had to put Emaxx wheels on it to be able to corner. It rolls over like a whore on payday stock where my brothers makes crazy turns. well hope this helps good luck.
    Tippietoejoe
  10. The stampede has a bigger ground clearence, but can be changed to match the rustler. But it depends on if your talking stock or not
  11. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Can you make a rustler like a stampede in height or a little bit higher than stock?
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea you can but it probably wouldnt be worth it.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

there the same thing except the pede is a monster truck and the rusty is a stadium.all the electronics and most of the components are the same thing.most of the hop-ups are the same too.i have a bandit and the only difference between it and the rusty is the body,wheels,and front shock tower. im thinkin about converting to a rustler.
  14. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

When you buy one you get a sheet and it tells you different hop-ups for the Stampede,Rustler,and th Bandit. Almost every single part in interchangable.
  15. pike

pike Member

:D [lol] lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.