Whats Happening ---??????

Ben H

Nov 22, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Most often I come to The Gauge to review the the general items then to look for new HO items. Being into HO its sort of natural.

However the HO people seem to be either very contented with no unanswered questions or relaxing as they await a a great flood of HO information once winter starts to happen.

In the last ten days only 10 new topics in the HO Area while N scale has 20 and Scratch has about 20. While HO does overlap into Scratch it just seemed that HO might have had more to offer or question.

IAIS 604

Aug 31, 2003
Visit site
Well, I've been involved in the "Great Atlas HO Forum GP38-2 Fan War of 2003."

I would describe it, but you probably wouldn't believe me!

I'll try on this forum:

The new P2K GP38-2 fans have been measured on a production model (LL sends some models early to selected dealers and reviewers) and the fan diameter is too small by 17% (or about 1.7 mm). The measurement was done by Jim Six (of MR fame) at a MRR convention, and this was seen by several other folk attending, who verified this finding.

There!

Now, if this is like the Atlas HO forum, that ought to generate hundreds of posts over 5 threads and an all out war!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
I think ben is right. In the 60's it was: "Where have all the flowers gone?" Now it's: Where have all the HOer's gone? It would be nice to start some new threads, even if they generate some friendly controversy. I think of a few to ignite the fire in the meantime. How about the rest of you out there?

Dog

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
well,perhaps everybody is out enjoying the last warm days of summer..Hopefully they are out railfanning.:D

George,That whole mess on the Atlas forum could have been avoided if a picture was posted showing the fans and a ruler like Jim Six did in the end but still no down on picture of the fans to see how bad the problem truly is....

What I could never understand is how the measurement went from 40" to 42"..:confused: I wonder how many modelers can actually see 6 scale inches?

Oh well it was interesting to hear from Jim Six.

IAIS 604

Aug 31, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by brakie

George,That whole mess on the Atlas forum could have been avoided if a picture was posted showing the fans and a ruler like Jim Six did in the end but still no down on picture of the fans to see how bad the problem truly is....

What I could never understand is how the measurement went from 40" to 42"..:confused: I wonder how many modelers can actually see 6 scale inches?

Oh well it was interesting to hear from Jim Six.

True - the picture WAS worth a thousand words !
And several hundred posts !!

Jim's work and photo's have given me something to strive for, both in my modeling AND my photography !!!

Glad things are back to "normal" over there!

See 6 scale inches? I do good sometimes to see 6 REAL inches!!!

;)