What's happened to Modelik?

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by charliec, Jun 26, 2006.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

Modelik grew out of the old Modelart - their AFV models were improving with each release. Their Hummel and StuG IV were miles better than the Panzer IVG.

The last few releases seem to be going backwards - fast.

The Tiger II model is rather simple and also has lots of inaccuracies.
    I recently picked up the Crusader III model - it's continuing the trend - rather simple and inaccurate. I don't think I'll bother with their new Jagdpanzer IV model.

Anyone know what Modelik are doing? Are they trying to reposition themselves in the market place? Has the same thing been happening with their aircraft models?

2. Modelik

Modelik New Member

I am the owner of Modelik.
    It's true that models of Tiger II and Crusader are simple, but thats how I wanted them to be.
    Besides we have published some new models which are quite hard.... with engines and interior. Jagdpanzer IV is like that and you can see other models like that.
    In the future I will publish different models: easy ones and more complicated as well.

Janusz Oles
  3. George

George Member

Hi Janusz,

I really enjoy the later years Modelik kits. I also like that the skill level
    needed to build the kit varies..perhaps that should be stated on the kits...or is it already (I'm at work now and can't check)???

Keep up the good work!!! And now I think it's the time to ask for the
    following models:

- S103 The S-tank
    - Swedish patrol boat type "Spica"
    - Swedish Marines Attack boat "Stridsbåt 90"
    - Saab J-37 "Lansen"
    - Saab J-29 "Tunnan"

It's OK by me if you can't release them earlier then next year...:-D
  4. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Hi from Canada!

Any chance we might see more modern Soviet equipment, such as a re-release of the SCUD B?

5. I second the vote for the S-tank! :)
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Good for you. I appreciate that you are meeting the needs of the novice as well as those of the expert. We need simplified kits (even if deviations from exact scale may offend some), just so long as the parts fit. As long as everyone is wishing....I wish there would be more models of aircraft from the "golden age" of military aviation....the late 1920's and 1930s. A Martin B-10, any of the Curtiss Hawk biplanes....an endless wishlist.
  7. ulious

ulious Member

I've really enjoyed building some of your models, the Jagdpanzer IV was a challenge for me.

If I can be so bold as to suggest something for you to consider?

I buy 99% of my models off of the web, would it be possible for you put a large number on the front cover representing the skill level or detale level?
    That way when we see the cover picture on a website we'll be able to tell if it is a model at a level of complication that we would like to build.

Thank You
  8. Teamds

Teamds Member

I concur, and hopefully in the near future more models will be available digitally.
  9. Tirta

Tirta Member

Hi Gang,

How about this one:
    Modelik 11/04 HETZER

Is this a good kit to build? easy or hard?
    How do the parts fit?

Please advice.

For me it`s easy and good model.Some pics my friend`s hetzer You can seehere