What's going on?

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
I used to be able to look at The Gauge's "front page" (for lack of a better word), see all the new posts, and link directly to them.

Now whenever I click on one of the posts it takes me to the Zealot forum index.

What gives? Don't tell me you're getting rid of this page? It's the most useful one The Gauge has, as far as I'm concerned.

w8jy

Mar 21, 2007
Au Gres, Michigan
I am having the same problem. There are also problems with the chat room. The administrators say that some major fixes will be in place by mid-week.
So, I guess we can live with this till then.

In the meantime, the only way I can open threads is to check which forum they are in, go to that forum and click on the thread from there.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I used to be able to look at The Gauge's "front page" (for lack of a better word), see all the new posts, and link directly to them.

Now whenever I click on one of the posts it takes me to the Zealot forum index.

What gives? Don't tell me you're getting rid of this page? It's the most useful one The Gauge has, as far as I'm concerned.
What exactly are we missing??? Was there a list of just the new posts alone? without the threads being listed??

I actually havent lookin on that page in months...

Let me know and I'll see what i can do...

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
We're hoping that there'll be fixes for all of these problems, but right now, I believe that they're concentrating on getting the Forums to run faster. Hopefully, that will happen sometime this coming week.

Wayne

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
It's happened 2-3 times now....When replying to a post, I get one of 2 messages....That my reply is similar to a post I've just made (which I haven't), or that I can't make two posts in such a short period of time (which I didn't), and asks me to wait for at least 15 seconds before posting. When I do...I find there are 2 of the same posts...!!!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I've seen that happen (but not recently :rolleyes::p) when you double click on "Submit Reply" - like when you click on it once, but when nothing happens immediately, you give it another click - then the same Post shows up twice. I notice that things are working much faster today, so maybe it's just the site showing how fast it is. ;):p:-D:-D

Wayne

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Had a scare today. Tried to log in earlier and got a message saying that this couldn't be found. I thought this website was shut down but when I came back 15 minutes later, all was well. Whew!