whats a good on-road car?

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by socal714guy, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

I'm Looking for an on-road car that is race worthy. I have a yokomo gt-4 right now but i know there as to be something better out there. I was looking at the ntc3 factory team kit, the new cd3 by ofna and maybe the mugen mtx-3. Now i know the mugen is the #@$% but it's belt driven, I dont know if belt is better our is shaft driven better. I'm also looking for dependable car thats not going to need a butt loads of work after every 3 runs. Also handling is a very important so is cost of parts. please help, thanks a bunch
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

TC3 is pretty nice. Also the HPI rs4
  3. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

thanks a bunch, is the hpi shaft are belt driven and do they offer a pro kit?
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

the rs4's are shaft driven, i had an rs4 3, very fast, great set-up, when i could the thing to start! but other than that, its#@$% good for the parking lot, dunno bout the track. good luck dude
  5. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

any one know about the kyosho v-one rrr is that a good track car and is race legal?
  6. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well it looks like it should be a#@$% good car, but i haven't heard much of anything about Kyosho's. that cars gotta lot of light parts on it and a lot of new age things, so it's worth a shot if yuv;e got the money in my opinion. as far as it being race legal, thats a matter if where ur racing lets u race it. if the go by ROAR's rules, you should most likely be able to race that.
  7. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

thanks know anything about the serpent 710?
  8. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

i saw that thing in a mag and it looked sick!!!!! if you have the money that would be a GREAT race car
  9. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

well i just bought my first kit to build after hours of reading up on all the cars and visting my local track and hobby store i bought a car......and the winner is a serpent 710 with the new o.s r-spec motor, steering servo airtroincs 94357, brake/throttle futuba s3050 and a rd logis turbo pipe....all that money spent and i hope i got good car....thanks for all info guys!!! really helped out.
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

damn that is cool. how does it run?
  11. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

don't know yet still building...will keep you posted..oh yea i took back the o.s motor and got the rb12 heard it's alot faster then that o.s...so we will see..give me a week then i'll post and tell you how it drives
  12. bandit1

bandit1 Member

dude, sweet car! if i were u, i'd race that car for money at some bigger tracks. good luck with the build, and ya, keep us posted, maybe some pics of that beast!
  13. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

almost done building with put some pic's of it when i'm done
  14. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

well guys there's a pic in the Put you pic here in this fourm..take a look and tell me what you think thanks...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.