What would you save if your house was on fire?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by robortwillys, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robortwillys

robortwillys New Member

Hello everyone,

My mom often said that if she could only save one thing, it would be our family photos — though that's not as relevant today in the age of digital photography. Has your home ever caught fire? If so, you probably went the safe route and saved yourself before your stuff. But if your house were burning and you could only save one thing, what would it be?

Signature re-edited for spam policy violation. 11-18-09
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Thanks for visiting the forums. This site is dedicated to cardmodeling, model railroading and r/c cars. While this is the correct area for off topic posts, I am not seeing any active participation from you in other areas. All other posts have been as similarly vauge, with no replies from you.

While we are a friendly community, we do not tolerate spam or spammers, regardless of how well hidden their intent may be.

Please participate actively in the subject matter of the forums henceforth or risk being banned as such.

Your signature has been edited for violation of our spam policies.
  3. Tabris

Tabris New Member

What a question! Of course my PC.
  4. joking_king

joking_king New Member

I would save my cat and my pillow
  5. bluehmstr

bluehmstr Lurking Newbie

I would agree with Tabris, I'd grab my laptop.
  6. LeeSCo

LeeSCo New Member

Surely without being boring,it would be your insurance documents?
  7. spoonhead

spoonhead New Member

Laptop of course, the rest can be re-bought but this beast contains precious data and was pretty expensive on his own anyway.
  8. andygo

andygo New Member

hmm... only one thing? :D ok ok... let's see... hmm... the most precious thing that i would save is my lappie... it contains tons of my work... wall1 can't imagine it got burn... :cry:
  9. on30-bug

on30-bug New Member

I guess I wood agree with most of you about the laptop BUT My laptop is 15 year old and the only thing on it is Street atlas and a few games. I use it in the Mohome while traveling. Before you think I have money. The mohome is a ford van made into a camper, I guess that what I would got out of a fire. Now that We are retired We are traveling 4 to 5 mo. a year.
  10. Lucasresende

Lucasresende New Member

i will save my wife and my kids
  11. firebat

firebat New Member

myself dhaaa:cry::cry:
  12. GluedFingers

GluedFingers New Member

I would save the wife. The kids are never around anyway.
  13. onemomentcaller

onemomentcaller New Member

Why? You can always get another one. :thumb:
  14. GluedFingers

GluedFingers New Member

I put a lot of effort in training this one and as a plus, she encourages me to build with cardboard. :mrgreen:

But of course, the main reason is that she makes a darn good coffee.
  15. khidotmama

khidotmama New Member

My treasured plushies. (of course, I must drive all of my family out first) :)
  16. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

My flash drives. Now, my scenario is that i'm wearing pants with my cell phone and ipod touch in them. As for my papermodels, I would douse them in alcohol/dad's beer so they wont catch fire and help fuel the flames.
  17. Rocci

Rocci New Member

I would catch as much as I can! I think everyone would do that.
    And to my opinion, when my house is on fire, one rule: RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
  18. 80sguy

80sguy New Member

My hard drive and dino buckler (Japanese Power Ranger morpher) and autograph collection (which is all stored in one box so I only need to run in once lol).

My cat and my cats pillow.
  20. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

My wife and son, of course! Then the Dog. Then my laptop and iPhone. And Bible. Everything else can be replaced.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.