What would you like to see built tiny?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jan 8, 2007.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I'm not necessarily looking for something difficult. Just ideas.
    C'mon...you know me...you know I like 'em tiny...what would you like to see?
    ANY genre will be fine. Free or otherwise will be fine too. I have 10,000+.
    Maybe another micro-Micromodels??? (would you call it a itty-bitty-teeny-tiny-mini-micro?). Let me know.
  2. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I don't care what you build but I would like a build thread so we can all see how the hell you build such mini masterpieces, that train still blows my mind8)
  3. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Yes, please post some your methods if you can (or are willing to let out the secret!)!

How about a video? :grin: Just kidding...

4. hpept

hpept Member

What about a recursive model? I mean, you build something, and then you build a scale model of this something, and then a scale model of the scale model always in the same scale ratio and so on, ad libitum, until your patience, sight, firm hand let you do it :twisted:
  5. thewoodengraver

A build thread for tiny masterpieces is no different from any build thread.
    Recursive is exactly how I do it. I build the model origional size so I can understand and perfect(?) the build, then attempt at 75%...then 50%...then 40%...etc. etc. etc..

I have not built anything tiny that I did not first build origional size. I even upscale my Micromodels for the first build (SHHH!!!).

I use micro-point tweezers, a magnifying lamp, tiny scissors, and a certain potion from a girl named Alice.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I would suggest a tank of some kind but after you built the treads at full size you would come hunt me down and beat me to a pulp for suggesting it.....

Here is something I havent seen you do (I think) how about a boat or ship of some sort.
  7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I haven't see a building of any sort minimized. How about a set of monuments? You know, the usual great monuments of the world.
  8. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

How about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World(from Delta 7 Studios) in a matchbox?:roll:
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Something from the Currel site.

Maybe a Concorde with smaller scaled concordes on the wing of the larger model.

The Illinois with a recognizable other building (Empire State Building, CN Tower, Effiel Tower) next to it for scale then successive models smaller than it.
  10. thewoodengraver

Lots of tiny boats and ships in my gallery!
    I do have a few Micromodels tanks screaming to be furtherly miniaturized!
    I did the Hamptons Apartments for my tiny challenge...
    How about...Cardhenge? (tiny cardmodel Stonehenge).
    7 wonders in a matchbox? I'll need lots more potion!
    and finally...a Concorde flying over tinytown...on the drawing board!...
    though it could turn out to be an eagle flying over tinywesttown...we'll see.
    Thanx for the suggestions!
  11. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey Phil.. I like milenio3's suggestion, there's lots of interesting buildings out there..

How about this one.. Sydney Opera House.. Its on a diorama setting ~ you could just ditch the base and do the main building...? I'd like to see that sitting on you finger!
  12. papertrain

papertrain Member

i have a few card house designs that you can reduce as small as you want to....maybe 1/500th...........:grin:

13. xyberz

xyberz Member

How about a Gundam?

Seeing that you build normal everyday type things, maybe a new genre would give you a nice new fresh outlook on paper modeling.

Actually I'd say it's more of a challenge as it's kinda out of your comfort zone and into something new and adventurous.

I'd like to see a full size RX-93 Hi-Nu or EX-S Gundam built to at least the SD size level or smaller.

You'll give a new meaning to the word SD, which in case you don't know means Super Deformed.

Actually it won't really be deformed, just miniaturized.

I have both, if you'd like to try, please drop me an email and I'll shoot it right over to ya.

Just to let ya know, I've tried shrinking down the original RX-93 model that I have, and it's really hard as there are sharp creases that have to be made and really sharp points at certain areas. I don't know if that's really a challenge to you or not, but I know it's hard for me as I don't have great experience yet or the necessary tools to build miniature paper models.
  14. 46rob

46rob Member

Rather than an idndividual model--how 'bout some kind of diorama? Maybe some buildings, a train, an airport of seaport scene? A street scene with a few vehicles and buildings?
  15. thewoodengraver

You guys are amazing...always thinking what I am thinking...
    WELCOME papertrain!!! I may seek out your houses for a diorama I'm working on...Tinytown 2 is the name. This time it will be to scale and I will use models that do not look like a child's toy. I will try to incorporate all your suggestions.

I believe I have those Gundam you mentioned xyberz...maybe tinytown is overrun with huge robots...

Gearz...I have the opera house printed 5 different sizes (actually 6 but it is hard to see the last one (about the size of a postage stamp)).
  16. thewoodengraver

I decided to follow your suggestions and write a tutorial on how I build tiny. I will be using the Sydney Opera House as suggested by Gearz. Hopefully I will finish it soon. Look for the thread called "how I build tiny".
  17. the micromodels builder

the micromodels builder Card Model Designer

big ben clock tower!

here is my tiny model[​IMG]
  18. thewoodengraver

ummm....dude...for a gag, I went to print your big ben, and at 4% your model fits to page??? What did you do??? is the resolution 99,000dpi? My default resolution is 300dpi and this is what I got.
  19. the micromodels builder

the micromodels builder Card Model Designer

hmm That's odd,if you right click and print image it shoud print very tiny(1 1/2 cm to be exact):?
  20. dragolad

dragolad New Member

you could build a tiny enterprise from star trek enterprise!:roll: :grin: