What we drive!!

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by silverw, Apr 13, 2005.

1. silverw

silverw Member

Hi All....

My car is used only to get me back and forth to work, so it really doesn't matter What it is, as long as it is reliable!!! :D

However, it was definitly time to find something else, and I happened upon this, so ..............

Just might become a 'paper model" project!!! 8)

.......... The price was right!!!!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Ok, as I said before, I live in Arkansas, home of the RAZORBACKS! (woooooooo pig sooooooooie!). My truck would embarass my ex wife so much, she would not ride in it. I made sure she had a new car regularly when we were married, but when hers went into the shop, she would take a taxi to work instead of allowing me to take her in my truck. Its a 1963 GMC p/u with a 305 six cylinder (305's are mostly v-8's now-a-days). I paid $500 for it and have driven it for 19 years now, I may have put another $500 in it in that time, starters, batteries, floor shifter, oh, and the $12 worth of wal marts finest spray paint (red and white) with which I painted the entire truck , the "RAZORBACK" decals and I almost forgot the $6 front license plate that simply says "THE ROAD HAWG" . And I recently added a small plastic razorback football as a hood ornament, not shown in pic.

3. Here I come out of left field... to show one of my toys. :roll:
  4. silverw

silverw Member

GW and Masamune....

They'd BOTH make GREAT models!!!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Lol Silver,

I have thought about that on more than one occassion.

Greg aka GW
  6. cardfan

cardfan Member

What a classic! The year pray tell? Here are my babies...
  7. It is mostly a 1967 Type117
  8. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Not that I am trying to influence my kids in any way....

Tim P
  9. shrike

shrike Guest

What we drive

Adding to the list (and displaying more symptoms of incurable obscurity I'm sure)

The Cortina I've had for 17yrs. It's not my daily driver, but another one (also a 68 ) is.
    The Datsun came with a redhead, 2 kids and the first of several cats

The younger daughter has a Nash Metro project and the older one is holding out for a Spitfire
  10. Bernie

Bernie Member

Hi all, this is my JAWA -type 20 - Pionyr "Pieneer" - Czech made /from 1977 - same age as me/ 50ccm - ideal way how to get to plant :D
  11. Bikerpete

Bikerpete Member

favorite vehicle

This is my favorite vehicle at the present time...I have others but this one is the most fun.
  12. gera

gera Member

Since 1999.......my Alfa Romeo 156 Twin Spark.........I really like it.
  13. ehouli

ehouli Member

Hi All,

This is my Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2 doors :D really enjoy driving it, and also take it to some mud from time to time ;)
  14. barry

barry Active Member

My cars reflect the state of the finances at the time sort of rags to riches and back again with monotous regularity

any banger under £200
    Humber Super Snipe
    Audi 100
    Lotus S130
    Ferrari 365 GTB V12
    Mercedes 230 various
    Mercedes 500 SEC
    SAAB clapped out
    Mercedes 230
    Ford Fiesta (thought I ought to economise one long trip and it got traded)
    and finally
    Hyundi S Coupe (dirt cheap my daughter had a car dealer boyfriend)

and if you hanker for a Ferrari, then hire one for a week it will have detuned by the end of it and a Merc 500 will run the legs off it.

15. nx13688

nx13688 Member

My daily ride:
    My sunny weekend rides:
    1960 Corvair 700 sedan
    1965 Corvair Monza coupe

And a paper version:
  16. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

nx13688, Man I like those two oldies. The 2nd one is an impala correct? Nice looking car either way. On top of being a model nut and a plane nut, I'm a car nut (My parents always make fun of me and say I need to win the lottery to afford all the stuff I want :lol: ) Anyways, I'm driving my dad's 1992 ford ranger for now. He bought it to do some landscaping work, and it's basically been sitting in our driveway for about 2 years or so. It literally had mold growing on the carpet when i started driving it, but 3 and a half hours of cleaning about 3 weekends ago and it's almost like new! I actually plan to start a small car detailing "business" this summer to hopefully make the 2k needed to bribe the guy a few blocks away with a 1965 Oldsmobile Super 88. I've talked to him a few times, and from how he makes it seem, he'd be willing to sell it. I'm sure it would be quite a wallet drainer to fix it up, but to me that's what makes it fun. It would be like making a 1:1 scale paper model except with metal pieces and a lot more glue!!!! :lol:
  17. Peter H

Peter H Member

I have my "toys" and there is the "people mover" van for moving the whole family around.

My first toy is a BMW E12 528i

This is off the "Net" but mine's identical minus the extra spotlights under the bumper bar. My Beemer is the last of the forward hinged bonnet and uses an american "Jetronics" control unit for the fuel injection and it's tucked up above the glovebox space.

My other toy is a 1977 Honda 550 "four" motorbike

Again off the "Net". Mine is metalflake green. The reason for a 550 and not 750(rode one for four years during the 70/80's) is my back is showing it's age and I can't throw that much weight around anymore.

Finally the van is a 80's Ford/Mazda 8 seater .... not sure about anywhere else but in Aust. Mazda built and imported them and Ford rebadged and sold them as well. Has duals at the rear and a larger front tyre(need 2 spare tyres but great for traction on a muddy farm road and if you get a flat tyre). I love this beast, think I've replaced just about everything that turns on it but it has a small powerful motor with plain ignition and carb. This gives good economy and simple no-nonense serviceability(both necessary when out the middle of nowhere). Would love a Volkswagon(i'm envious-two shades of green) as they are so much better but I need 8 seats.

As for paper models of what I .... the closest I've come is a model of a BMW 2002 sedan I owned when I was just married so again I'm envious if your modeled your car.