What was the first maly modelarz kit?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by GEEDUBBYA, Oct 11, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well the thread topic says it all....."What was the first maly modelarz kit?" And if you know the year it would be appreciated.
    I have searched google and ask.com and cant come up with an answer, maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance,

Greg aka GW
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

According to various sources, the first kit/magazine from MM was 1957 and it was a landing craft set, boats, tanks, trucks.

some of our polish members might be able to shed more light on it

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Thanks Rick,

I knew someone would have the answer. I had come across a person who has an original No1 from 1959 and that is the oldest I had seen, I wondered what something like that is worth? lol So, I was curious as to what was the first model they "put out".
    Thanks alot, it is much appreciated.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Rick is correct.
    First ever number of Maly Modelarz was published in 1957 and it was a landing craft set.
    As for the price, if I'm not mistaken (can't find the link now...) this original number was bought few months ago for the rough equivalent of $350.....
  5. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

6. Bernie

Bernie Member

7. Swinger

Swinger Member

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

9. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

oops, I meant number 9 not 7 in 1977. look at the site I posted before and you can see all the models publishe each year.

10. Swinger

Swinger Member

AFAIK it is not the same model anyway. The 1957 is a landing fleet (3 crafts and 1 tank) and 1977 is a single vessel.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. Well if number 1 is about $350, I am sure his is also worth a couple hundred or atleast more than I would pay if he were to sell it. But I dont think I have to worry about that, He is a train buff and I dont think would part with it for any price. I was just curious as to what it might be worth myself. Thanks for the links to all the old maly kits, I am sure he will be suprised when I tell him what I found out.
    Who would think that a "few pieces of paper" could be worth so much? I mean I can understand a document like the magna carta or declaration of independence etc... lol
    Anyway, thanks again, have a good day,

Greg aka gw
  12. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

yes, Swinger it looks as though you are right. I rechecked the site and they are different.

13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

MM 01/1957 DESANT FLOT