what trainer do i pick

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by david_plane, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_plane

david_plane New Member

i am thinking of the apache III but what to you guys think?
  2. bLaZe

bLaZe Member

The Kadet Senor/Senorita (Trycicle landing gear) Kadet LT-25 (tail dragger, easier to fly) are good ones. The Kadet lt-40 if u want a bigger one. It also has a very long glide slope. (landing 4 idiots)
  3. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

The best is the LT25. It handles the wind much better than the LT40 and gives you tail dragger experience. Forget the Kadet Senor/Senorita. They are built to be light by scarificing strength. The fuselage is made of criss/crossing sticks instead of light ply which makes it fragile and longer to repair if the plane takes a dirt nap.
  4. wtb3886

wtb3886 New Member

david_plane: If you are just starting out in RC Airplanes I would suggest what blaze suggested. There is no such thing as a industructable airplane. You have to remember the heaver the airplane the faster the landing speeds and more power required to get them airborne. I would not suggest anything smaller than a .40 size airplane. As for engines OS is hard to beat and I would suggest that the carb have a low and high end needle for better tunning.
  5. oliver

oliver New Member

A 40 size is a very good size to start training with.Some of the best models is Carl goldberg kits.They are easy to assemble and nice to fly.(My opinion) Motor wise , you will never make a fault buying a OS , but u can have a look at some alternatives like IRVINE or THUNDERTIGER.These are very reliable motors.
  6. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

My thoughts on engines. OSFX, great reliable engine with really strong power but expensive. OSLA, reliable and inexpensive but very low in power. Irving, strong runner like the OSFX but even more expensive. Thunder Tiger, almost as strong as the OSFX and at a more reasonable price. Evolution, great strong running engine, reliable and a good price. Super Tigre, too finicky to get running properly and has other problems. Don't bother with this one. MDS, very poor performance, don't even look at these. Personally I would recommend an Evolution engine for a trainer plane or even a seocnd plane due to their good price/performance/reliability. My second choice would be a Thunder Tiger. Also go with a 46 size. The extra power over the 40 for almost the same price is well worth it![8D]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.