What Train Related Item's did you get for X-mas?

C

Catt

Two gift certificates to my LHS.Money to buy what I wouldn't spend MY money on, :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well, I might have outdone all of you. No cars, no locos, no accessories or kits, but I did get a brand new train room!!!! Santa says he can't deliver it until around the end of March when our new house if ready, but I know it's worth waiting for.:thumb: :thumb:

Don

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
:D :D :D :D I was talking to Dave Freeman at the last Christmas train show he had a video ot his N gauge Limply wharf on the TV.
He showed me his set up "spy camera" with wireless video and sound, he he he he, guess what I got for Christmas and who can not wait to get down stairs, in a respectable manner of course:rolleyes: :thumb:
IT`S FANTASTIC.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Well, so far.......

I got a "Gauge" Pocket Watch

A Book on all sorts of Steam Trains

and a Round RR X'ing rug, to keep my feet warm while I'm on the 'puter :)

We're off to the In-Law's this afternoon (6 or 7 PM Gauge time) :)

see ya all later!!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I got 3 structure kits...2 N, 1 HO...(When my wife asked me what "size" I wanted, I replied, "Either N scale, or 'out-of-scale', I'm not picky!':D ;) :rolleyes: :D )

Got some really nice prints from the L&N Historical Society...

Aaaand...2 gift setificates from ny favorite LHS!

Not a bad haul!:thumb:

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Besides my usual box of chocolate candy and the normal unrailroady things. My kids got me a C&O Allegheny 2-6-6-6.I did not know what to say or if I should cry! :eek: That was the very last thing I expected although my little "spy"(read 9 year old Grand Daughter) did mention it once in a burst of Grand-paw I know what you are getting for Christmas and let it slip but still I was not really expecting such a high dollar locomotive..Thankfully my kids was wise enough to buy at discount through one of the internet shops.:thumb: :D
Of course I just had to test run this puppy on my yard layout and it runs as smooth as it looks..I can't wait to take this puppy to the club and run her across the layout.:thumb: :D
Boy do I forver more love my kids!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
The ultimate kit-bashing tool: a table saw :D :D :D

It sure is nice to have one that cuts well. And the old one can just stay setup for cutting stripwood now :D :D :D

Also a compound miter saw, which will do nicely cutting framing for benchwork. Electric brake; weird, the blade just stops. Cut the pencil mark in half first time I used it :D :D :D

Mar 8, 2003
eddielandreth.boche.net
1. MicroMark "Chopper" for making nice, exact cuts
2. Testors Razor Tool set with some dozen or so different kinds of blades (got to figure out what those are used for).
3. Railroad Tycoon 3 computer software game

Merry Christmas!

jsolie

Feb 28, 2003
Murrieta, CA
members.aceweb.com
Let's see...

an MT stock car
an Atlas 8-40BW, red & silver warbonnet sporting "Santa Fe"
some MT couplers

and that's about it! I've got some stuff on order that hasn't shown up yet...does that count? :D

Got my son a Atlas SP U25B (they have one of these up at a rail museum near here and he absolutely loves that locomotive for some reason). Also got my wife the same loco, but in bicentennial colors. She remembers seeing that engine as a child while living in Orange County, CA. (interesting side note: The Atlas locomotive is numbered 6800, which is the same one that my youngest is infatuated with... Here's a link: http://www.oerm.org/pages/sp3100.html :thumb:

And, just cuz I feel like it, here's a picture taken last January:

Matt + SP 3100 U25B at OERM.jpg

Hope y'all have a safe & Merry Christmas!

-- John

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
I got 2 of these N scale spectrum Santa Fe dash 8-40CWs :D :D

fb_1.JPG

and some peco turnouts and structures :)

have a nice hollyday all :thumb:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
12 box cars..
11 gondolas..
10 rusty rails..
9 gandy dancers dancin'
8 tank cars
7 cabeese
6 highballs
...Five golden spikes...
4 dome cars..
3 LPBs
2 pairs of trucks
...and at this point, so many partridges in the pear tree that all the droppings caused the grass to start growing through the snow.....so I shot all the birds, mowed the new grass, and had two more highballs. Then I watched the RR videos I got.:D :D :D

May you all have a safe and happy new year
Pete