What to use for glue

Tucker

Hi gang. Almost ready to lay the pink foam onto my plywood tables. First time ever and I'm wondering what is the best glue to use to attach the foam. Thanks

lemscate

For gluing foam to plywood, you'll want to use the foamboard version of Liquid Nails. Liquid Nails comes in caulking tubes at your local hardware store. But just to warn you, you won't be removing it anytime soon once it dries, so make sure you know what you're doing ;]

F

Fred_M

The liquid nails is best, but you can also use yellow wood glue, white glue, and silicone to stick it to wood. The white and yellow don't work when sticking foam to foam though, takes it too long to dry. I like the silicone to stick littler pieces together to build mountains and hills because it's easier IMHO than using a caulking gun of liquid nails. I just use the cheapest clear RTV silicone from the autoparts store. Fred

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I have used white glue only and it makes changes possible if for some reason you change your mind like I do all the time.

Railery

:thumb: I use the white glue too. It takes overnight to dry but it sticks good. I also put weight on the piece to make sure the contact does not lift.
:wave:

Liquid nails

I reccomment Liquid nails over anything.

Hot glue will work, but its HUGE in the amound of work to use it to do more than a small area.

I reccommend 1 tube of liquid nails per layer of foam

belg

The hot glue has to be the lo temp kind or you will get holes in your insulation. I used the liquid nails like the way it sets up but it can be a little challenging to remove a section for a stream or lake,if you can plan were thats going to be and not glue that area you would be much better off. Pat

Tucker

Re: thanks guys

I guess I'll go with the carpenters glue. I'm building a fair sized layout so I'll buy a gallon and put it on with a cheap paint roller. Thank you all for responding with your views.

Clerk

Tucker. Something to think about. Yellow carpenters glue will dry leaving a yellow color so if you spill any on the sides, you will have a yellow stain.

Robin and I always use Elmers white glue and providing you don't go overboard on the usage, it dries clear.