What the Shey gets

L

lester perry

Here is a load of what the Shey is going after, actually this goes on the big road C&O for a while then to the J&M Shey to be drug / dragged up the mountain to the sawmill.
000_0056.jpg

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
announce1 Hey, hey, hey, now...be respectful 'fore I get all Union Pacific on you. Handle that name and any reasonable facsimile thereof careful like, my licensing fees are a bear :D:D:D:D:D

Great pix:thumb:

L

lester perry

OK the first car yo see is I believe IHC skeleton log car. The secand one is MRC skeliton log car. The logs are stick from back yard cut on a band saw. The logs are glued together and chains are glued to the logs. Guides are glued to the bottom of the logs so they can be removed from the car in one piece and put on another car with danger of them falling off. This way I can place an empty have it loaded and take load to saw mill. At saw mill logs are removed and empty is returned to forest to be reloaded. I have 2 places to get logs and emty cars are sent to wherever they are needed at that time. The crane is a Tyco scene masterthat came with some other construction equipment.
Les

L

lester perry

shaygetz said:
announce1 Hey, hey, hey, now...be respectful 'fore I get all Union Pacific on you. Handle that name and any reasonable facsimile thereof careful like, my licensing fees are a bear :D:D:D:D:D

Great pix:thumb:
You lost me here. Where does U,P, come into the picture. Unless you are talking about J&M short line. It is my 2 sons Jon & Michael. They have 2 engineers, Jon & Michael. 2 Dispatchers Jon & Michael. 2 brakemen Bill & Lisa (Michaels wife). Needless to say it is a small low budjet operation. They have 6 skeleten log cars 3 coal cars 1 caboose and just bought second Shey it is a 3 truck one. They partied for 2 weeks when they bought the second shey. Please forgive any spelling errors here I don't have my glasses on.
Les

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I think shaygetz means by "gettin' Union Pacific" on you refers to the fact that UP sued ALL the major model manufacturers for the use of their name and any other railroads they managed to gobble up! So thus you were using "shaygetz" name in your title...and it really isn't that funny anymore......:rolleyes:

L

lester perry

Oh OK now I get it. Shey gets and shaygetz. Thats a good one. Sorry about that Bob how much do I owe you?
Les

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
lester perry said:
Oh OK now I get it. Shey gets and shaygetz. Thats a good one. Sorry about that Bob how much do I owe you?
Les

:thumb: Actually thought you were playin' with my name there:D And yes, it is an old one on UP's part. Still gotta get my digs in as I had (emphasis on had) alot of respect for the UP as a company 'til this stuff started. But hey...I'll still take the 5 bucks a car licensing fee should you ever decide to model my road.:D

FYI---"shaygetz" has nothing to do with trains at all. It literally means "worm" in Hebrew. Over the centuries it has come be used to refer to gentile or non-jewish males, "shikza" being the female term. However, being the Bible thumper with a love for Jewish cuisine that I am, for many of the Jewish folks I've come to know as friends in my circles, it has become a term of endearment and light-hearted teasing.

L

lester perry

"Shaygetz" Very interesting. Happen to be a bible thumper my self. Filled in teaching adult S.S. class to day. Did some study of lesson Psalm 104 on airplane 40,000 plus feet above North Carolina shoreline. Was interesting reading and looking out window. Check out scripture and you will see what I mean.
I know this is a model railroad forum but I can't help it guys sorry.
Les

L

lester perry

Thank you gentlemen. Now for the bad news. Looks like I may be moving. Nice scene no more. Maybe.
Les