what size motor plz

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by imfast, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imfast

imfast Member

what size motor can i put in the duratrax evader ep st? and what size is in it stock? thanks ...imfast
  2. I think its .18 stock.....
  3. imfast

imfast Member

oops i forgot to say it is an electric motor sorry
  4. imfast

imfast Member

what size motor is this motor.. PHOTON Speed 20T Motor
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

20 turn single
  6. What do you mean by "size"??
  7. imfast

imfast Member

like a 280 540 motor size
  8. The stock motor is a 540, and you can put other 540 motors in it.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

size is standard.standard motor mounts and all that.
  10. imfast

imfast Member

ok that is what i wanted to know thanks
  11. imfast

imfast Member

does anybody know what size this motor is 20 turn "Stinger" motor.. i just got a traxxas stampede rtr and i want a better motor in it but need to know the size first thankz
  12. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

it is a 540 size. do you want a faster motor?what kind of speed control do you have?
  13. imfast

imfast Member

dont know yet i order it off the internet so dont know lol... and thanks for telling me what size it is hehe
  14. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

15. imfast

imfast Member

if you have more turns on a motor, does it give more power or speed
  16. joshua2verizon

joshua2verizon New Member

i beleive the more turns the more torque and the less turns, the higher top speed.
  17. mastmec

mastmec Member

more turns = less RPM
    less turns = more RPM
  18. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

you want the lowest turn motor if you want to got relly fast.but you have to have a good esc that can handle a motor like that.
  19. In a nutshell: Turns is the amount of times a wire is wound around the armature. The more turns the faster the motor will rotate but will have less torque due to the weight of the wire(s). Winds are the amount of wires wound around the armature. For instance a 12t 4w motor would have 4 wires wound 12 times around the armature. The number of winds indicates where on the acceleration curve the most power will happen. If you have a single wind motor, you will have a lot of power in your lower end speeds (acceleration) but a lesser top end speed. If you have a 4 wind motor you will have a lot of power in the top end (WOT speed) but acceleration will suffer. Hope this helps
  20. imfast

imfast Member

yes it helps alot...another Q.does anybody know of a 540 size can motor that has alot of power and torque with the price range of about 49.99 thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.