What should i start off with?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by sikwidit, Dec 29, 2005.

1. sikwidit

sikwidit New Member

OK...ive had a couple of rc cars but never knew anything about this rc drifting stuff...it sounds and looks awesome...im in the process of getting a new car..but im not sure of wat to get..electric or gas?...wat brand wat chassis..

i used to have a pretty nice TL-01...but my aunt ran it over in the driveway...plz help me out!!!!
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

TL-01's are really nice for starters. But to help you decide, theres some tutorials on the main site for you to browse and if that doesnt help let me know
  3. lawlz

lawlz New Member

yokomo drift kits are pretty good but a bit pricey...tt-01Ds are common as a starter...ta04s and 5s and good also...whichever one is good but do remember drifting isn't about the car...it's about the driver^_^
  4. jareb

jareb Member

Just get a cheap tamiya and start practicing all of their 4wd cars are great for drifting, I have some friends here in phoenix that drift with tamiyas and their awesome, they have yokomos to but I cant really notice a lot of difference in the drifts, Im drifting with a nitro 4tec 3.3 and it does great, even though everyone at the shop told me nitros dont drift very well, just practice with the cheaper cars and youll love it. heck weve even got some old tao2s and one tao3rs that drifts with us, the rs will swap ends a little more though but its short wheelbase too.