What should I get for a 1st buggy?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by TCrox, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCrox

TCrox Member

I got my street car, and now I need something to bash! (not that the street car doesn't get bashed as it is lol). I don't want some monster truck that can run over 1/10 cars, I just want to be able to hit around 50 and take jumps. I haven't looked too hard yet, but I just need some advice on this before bugging the guy at the lhs again. What do you guys think? The only requirement so far is that it's Nitro.
  2. redheat

redheat Member

Ofna, UltraLX Comp it's got a .26 pull start. It's got lots off cool stuff steel spur gear,threaded shocks,big 135cc tank,sway bars, and it's only about 325. not bad for a Ofna.
  3. TCrox

TCrox Member

What do you think about the Rustler RTR Nitro?
  4. redheat

redheat Member

My buddy just got one really likes it has the 2.5, ez start, I dont no if you realy want one tho. the 2.5 can be a bear to tune at times rated at 1.33hp. My TMaxxes run them so Im well versed on them. Now if your interested in ST's the RC10GT really rocks comes w/.15AE motor easy to work on ,lots of up grades.
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Maybe the violator for a buggy. Ive heard good things. And the RC10GT is a great beginner truck and will take a beating.
  6. redheat

redheat Member

personally I think that ST are alot more fun to drive as far as off road goes,they just seem more suited for jumps, and rough terrain.
  7. TCrox

TCrox Member

Thanks for the input! I will be avoiding the Rustler, I don't need to re-tune everyday :)
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Not trying to take anything away from the Rustler just a little more wrenching than the GT in my opinion thats all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.